SODAPLAY
11-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Nice.
How did you make blood?
UV mapping?

- SODA

riki
11-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I can sense some 'feminist rhetorical discourse', yet you still managed to slip in a nude :D

haha well done

veljko
11-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi,
wierd image, but i like it:)

i would like it even more if the glass was not one poly thick (glass is much ticker that that..)
Beside that i think the nob on the door is a bit to clean and new considering the rest of the door and the rest of the image, and the box "boobs in a box" dosnt look like a real box, but like a rendered box-
Maby you should make it out of carboard or put some cuts or deform its perfect square look..
The image is good, but it lacks consistency-
If youre going for a "real" and "worn out" look, you should go for it in every object in the scene..

hope this helps!:)

and hope your not one of thoes people that post an image, ignore all the posts and leave it as it is..
it really bugs me:)
anyone else?
-or em I wierd like that..

:)

Scott Wendler
11-25-2003, 04:41 AM
I try not to ignore posts. I agree the image is missing something. I was a little torn about the box. Part of me wanted it to be realistic, but then another part wanted it to be fake like the images we see in movies and magazines. Maybe I should try anouther render with the box changed some to compare. The glass is more then one poly thick but maybe I should make it even thicker. The blood was done with UV maps.
Thanks Scott

veljko
11-25-2003, 08:32 AM
glad to hear it:)

Hmm, I would defenitly ruff up the nob on the door a bit, and add more thickness on the mirror

As for the box i see what you mean-

:D

Zarathustra
11-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Well, if you're trying to make a feminist statement, she'd probably be wearing a towel or bathrobe. If you want her to appear less then "perfect" then she should look like she actually needs implants.

If she has a mask on the floor with features and makeup, why does her real face have eye makeup?

As stated earlier, check your spelling before you render text.

You should try more specific subject titles in the future. Guess what? EVERY new posting has a "new image".

Scott Wendler
11-25-2003, 12:20 PM
She does not need to appear as if she needs implants. The point is most people are beautiful without implants are makeup. The makeup she is wearing isnít good enough. She wants to be better. When you talk to people who have a poor self-image theyíre never happy with the image they see in a mirror.

Zarathustra
11-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Then why doesn't she have a complete face? No nose, no lips. If your point is she's beautiful as is, then she shouldn't be missing important features like a nose or a mouth.
The quality of her parts can be debated, but she has to at least have all of them at the start.

Scott Wendler
11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Sheís not complete because she doesnít know her true self anymore. I hoped also by not giving her a face anyone looking at the picture could put his or her self in her place. Perhaps I should have made her asexual, but I did not.

Zarathustra
11-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Making her asexual would have been EVEN MORE confusing then it already is.

You have conflicting ideas in this piece which makes it difficult to understand.

You can't assume your viewer knows all the complexities you're thinking of at the time of creation. If you truly wish to convey all those ideas, you have to give some thought of how to marry them all cohesively rather then just throwing them together.

My initial reaction to viewing this is it's done by a 15-18 yo adolescent male who has some serious issues he'd like to present but got distracted by making sure the nipples were just right.

Scott Wendler
11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I donít assume to know what any viewer is thinking. I think that would just be silly. The image is simply what it is. If you do not like it thatís okay. Other people might. Iím sorry the image is confusing for you. My reaction to your posts are that you simply like to bate people into arguments. You ask a question Iím happy to give you my answer. You reply with insults about my age and maturity level. You really donít seem interested in giving constructive advice at all. Perhaps you need to grow up? And thank you for the compliment about the nipples I did really try to get them right.

kenmac
11-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Now that is a pleasant image.

Hervť
11-26-2003, 12:49 AM
the sad story of Michael Jackson... he he he...
you need to improve the blood, definitly not enough, we have more than a gallon of it, so go ahead, dont be shy..8 !!

veljko
11-26-2003, 02:31 AM
@scott
I would not nessery agree with a critique that the pic needs more blood-
&I aswell think that you should go with a more specific title of a thread nex time you post.:)

@Zarathustra
Leave the bad *** attitute at the door next time please..

WildGoose
01-11-2004, 11:01 PM
not to be picky... but "to fat" is spelled: Too Fat.
and her boobs seems a bit long...
the rest of it is SUPER! love your great work.
maybe you should make a few animations and send them in to an organization against anorexia, etc.

MorituriMax
01-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Yeah! Image: Good! Thread Title: Bad!

8 )

Jure
01-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I like the image, it's so.. uhm... expressive. I don't mind it looking non-realistic. It's ok IMHO, because the story is important. All I could suggest maybe is a bit more 'dramatic' lighting.

cheers!

Scott Wendler
01-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I want to thank everyone for all the comments. Itís nice to know thereís a place to post your images and receive constructive information. Lightwave has a great community. It has always been a wonderful place to come for help, and I promise from now on to post my images with a proper title.

Thanks Scott

fronzel
01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
It looks awsome. The only thing I might do is give her some hair and the rest of her facial features. There is alot of really solid powerful visual metaphores for the message behind the piece. I think the featureless face makes it a bit confusing. It makes her ugly. I would'nt date her.

If she had a normal face it would be real bummer if she thought so poorly of herself just for not looking like a magazine ad or like all the redicoulsly hot woman on tv. With no face how can anyone realate to her. Except maybe victums of horrible tradegedys.

The baldness bugs me also because it looks unfinished. If you don't want to show her face. It might look cool and dramatic to let her hair hang down completely covering her face.

I know you've got the hair under controll because the wig looks good.

If you have the time add the hair and post a poll to see who likes wich one of the two better. I bet they'll pick the chick with hair.

fronzel
01-12-2004, 02:26 PM
One more thing.

I'm not sure if it's a mirror or part of the wall. The texture is a bit vague. The large broken thing on the left. it's broken patern does not seem natural at all. it needs much more jaggie lines not drawn by the pen tool. and cracks. If it's a mirror It needs more specular or something and to reflect maybe something more than just more wall paper. Like a dresser or a bed.

Sorry about posting so many criteeks and about the spelling too. It's a damn good image. I'd would be a shame not too make it as perfect as it could be when 90 percent of it is done so masterfully.

cheers

fronzel

Chrysolithos
01-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I like the lack of features. To me it suggest that she feels that she is not whole without a "better makover". It also gives it a feelings of horror, insanity, and alienation.

And now that I think of it, New Image IS a good title. Isn't that what she so desperately wants? A New Image?

SamuraiSlayer
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Notice this thread has been continued since November 26