PDA

View Full Version : General purpose envelope: making an arbitrary control channel?

jeric_synergy
07-20-2014, 08:45 AM
What with all the things we'd like to control, I was wondering:

Is there a facility within LW that allows users to create an arbitrary channel, not connected to any EXISTING channels, that could be used by the user to control whatever they'd like?

For instance, to create an envelope to drive a nodal network?

The practice of creating a null and using its channels to control whatever just seems a bit inelegant.

(I know various plugins generate scads of channels, so at a plugin level it's certainly possible.)

RebelHill
07-20-2014, 10:48 AM
master channels

jeric_synergy
07-20-2014, 04:37 PM
That's the one! --Unfortunately, somehow "x-channels" got stuck in my memory. Whatever they are.

Sensei
07-21-2014, 04:58 AM
The practice of creating a null and using its channels to control whatever just seems a bit inelegant.

But it's efficient. You can move null in viewport, without having to open Graph Editor...

jeric_synergy
07-21-2014, 10:16 AM
As a solution this is lacking, in that you cannot use LOAD FROM SCENE to load in a Master Channel, at least the one time I tried.

It's a pretty esoteric shortfall, but I wonder if it could be fixed? And if you're using Master Channel w/an object, does MC come along if you use Load Object From Scene?

Sensei
07-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Copy and paste texts between scenes..

RebelHill
07-21-2014, 01:30 PM
yes you can, its under the scene list.

jeric_synergy
07-21-2014, 05:07 PM
yes you can, its under the scene list.
Ahh! I didn't expand that twirly-arrow, there it is! Sweeet! :thumbsup: