PDA

View Full Version : Bullet: clean start, sample scene / replicating Cody's Bullet Force tutorial

jeric_synergy
07-20-2014, 12:22 AM
I was trying to recreate Cody's Bullet Forces tutorial and am not having much luck.

Created the Objects, correctly I hope, but as soon as I start the Dynamics the array object crumbles and starts falling thru the collision object.

Here's the Scene: 123127

At this point, pretty much NOTHING should happen, so I figured I'd ask before going further.

Thanks.

Oh, and I just went brute force on getting those cubes to all have different colors. Yay, "Select N Pattern"! :screwy: :chicken:

XswampyX
07-20-2014, 04:59 AM
Just a couple of things....

Your scale is too small, teeny weeny cubes jiggle around. Most objects should be around 100mm in size.
Use the cube collider shape when you can, it's more robust, doesn't jitter and is faster.
I've added a fancy node surface (turn on VPR) ... just to show off! :D

Have a look.

jeric_synergy
07-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks Swampy! AFC, but I'll load that up when I get back! :bowdown:

I thought 1cm would be relatively large.... :(

Ryan Roye
07-20-2014, 01:16 PM
I thought 1cm would be relatively large.... :(

Hopefully in the future we can get some global scale-adjustment modifiers so that scaling of the models can be made irrelevant. There's some situations where scaling everything to match what is acceptable to bullet isn't practical or involves a lot of work to make it work proper.

BeeVee
07-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Also, don't forget you can envelope the glue strength, etc. so things only break when you want them to.

B