PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some texturing help.

Samoht VII
07-17-2014, 02:04 AM
I am trying to find the desire to keep modelling but it's hard when my renders turn out very average looking. I feel I can model alright but when it comes to rendering a scene I don't really know how to get the textures and effects to look good. Possibly because I don't know how to use the node editor. Anyway firstly can I give you all a model I made recently of a HTC phone and get someone to texture it and let me see what you come back with.

If I can see that with the right skill a model can look amazing I will really want to get improving. Also seeing the surface editor settings will really help to see what kind of effects and settings are used. I really prefer working with examples and tweaking things to see what the changes make.

Are there any go to settings people like to tweak aside from the surface editor basics that make good effects, for instance some node editor techniques that are used alot (Obviously varies from object to object) . I like the glow intensity setting I found recently which can get a nice effect.

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.

djwaterman
07-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Have a look through this thread http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?101465-Free-Speed-Models/page35

Try downloading various models and check their surface settings. And you shouldn't need nodes even to get nice surfaces, putting a gradient into your reflection channel will give your reflective surfaces a proper fresnel effect for example.