PDA

View Full Version : FBX editing before export trouble

jaxtone
07-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi!

I recently exported a female character from DAZ while she was idling on one spot.

Imported her into LW Layout and made some changes like adding weight and take some clothes away since I planned to replace these with an alternative LWO dress that I import to Layout as standalone products and make them come alive with Syflex.

Now when I export this chick that I just edited from the original FBX everything seems to work alright but when I import it to Layout it just stand there in a T-bone position. All animated character animation from DAZ has disappeared and the character is now pretty dead to me.

What is the correct way of doing this?

Jack

tonyrizo2003
07-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes, the way to do it I believe. WOuld be to export the .FBX but make a copy of the original file. Take the first file and load into modeler and make the necessary changes that you require. Now that the changes have been made, take the second model that has not been changed and load that into layout. Once in layout, all of your animation should be there. Now just highlight the figure and replace object, with your changed object. You should be go to go.

jaxtone
07-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Tried that and maybe I do it the wrong way but the copy of the original FBX donīt contain any morphs or character movement information in it!