PDA

View Full Version : Load Quicktime

jeremyhardin
03-05-2003, 10:20 AM
yeah. so why, when i load a quicktime movie in the image editor, it let's me select the file, then just doesn't load it?
compression issues?
i have lw7.5
mac osx

thanx

mlinde
03-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I'd check the codec. I just loaded a QT compressed with animation (I know, old, but reliable!), used it as a surface, and it was fine.

However, if the codec is fine, there are issues with framerates and NTSC vs. PAL, that came up a while ago on the old discussion boards. If you are using a framerate other than 30 or 29.97, or working in PAL, I believe the only solution is to use an image sequence instead of QT. Not cool, but it works. If you aren't using any of those, and it still doesn't work:
1) trash your preferences
2) reload your plugins
3) check that your cmdLine file references the correct preferences directory
4) try again

Beamtracer
03-05-2003, 10:26 PM
That's good advice from Micheal. Does this problem happen with all QT movies, or only one particular one? Can you output QT movies? Try outputting one, then load it back into the image editor and see if it works. Animation codec is a good standard one to use.

(PS.. when will they fix that frame rate bug????)

jeremyhardin
03-07-2003, 09:31 AM
felt like an idiot. i had changed users in mac osx. my prefs pointed to read only files, so no changes could be made. (thus, lw would forget my plugs every load. including the qt one.)

thanks guys

Beamtracer
03-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Ah... so many problems are caused by tinkering with those privileges!