PDA

View Full Version : Working with Copying UV Maps from one layer to another

jboudreau
07-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Hi Guys

I have this roof modeled and I UV Mapped the roof with 2 UV Maps. One for the house and one for the garage which is rotated another way this is why I have a separate UV map for it.

I have a UV Map called Roof_House for the Roof_House Layer and another UV Map called Roof_Garage for the Roof_Garage Layer. I copied the Roof_Garage UV map and set the name to Roof_House. (This way I could copy the uv map from the garage to the house). I then copied the Roof_Garage layer into the Roof House Layer. This left me with both UV maps in the Roof House Layer. I put a shingle texture on the roof. Now when I go and select all the polygons for both UV Maps when I go to size it up (trying to get the shingles all the same size) only the shingles for the Roof House layer size up or down but not the Roof Garage even though the UV maps are both being scaled up or down and are in the same layer.

Am I missing something here. How can I size up both UV maps at the same time? Is this not possible in lightwave? If it is possible how do you do it? and if not is there a plugin that can do this?

Thanks,
Jason

MarcusM
07-15-2014, 06:04 AM
In both materials you have the same UV map set up?

jboudreau
07-15-2014, 07:48 AM
In both materials you have the same UV map set up?

OMG Thanks, That's exactly what the problem was. I forgot to change the UV Map on the Roof_Garage Surface.

Thanks for your help
Jason