PDA

View Full Version : Messing about: Select Nth Pattern...

jeric_synergy
07-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Been messing about w/Magic Bevel today, usually an exercise in bafflement, but...

Used the SPLINE option, got instead a punch of polylines, but w/4 points instead of 2. Okayyyyyyyyy....whatevs! 8~

The nice thing is you can Select Connected, Sel Points, and MAKE SPLINE and you get a totally legit Spline. (I may have Merged Points in there sometime....)

BUT, and this is my point here, there's a lotta points. I selected a wad, and then decided to try SELECT N PATTERN. Worked PERFECT: only selected every 3rd (in this case) of the points selected. NICE.

SO, don't neglect SELECT N PATTERN, it can really help in reducing numbers of points .

djwaterman
07-14-2014, 10:12 PM
I'd only thought of this tool as a novelty until I opend up it's numeric panel and discovered a legit work tool with lots of control.

jeric_synergy
07-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I'd only thought of this tool as a novelty until I opend up it's numeric panel and discovered a legit work tool with lots of control.

Well, at first cruise it's very TEDIOUS to work with. For instance, more of a DRAGNET-type capability on the zillions of nodes it generates, and a frequency control of how often it generates them, would be nice. But maybe I've just not found them yet.