PDA

View Full Version : need bug confirmation. tool drop changes active morph target!!!!????

eblu
07-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Hey, need confirmation on this.

I'm doing work on a previously built model complete with morph maps. a couple times out of the blue while making changes to the model, I would be in one of those morph maps without knowing it.

anyone with experience knows this is a recipe for a completely ruined model, so when I caught it, I made sure I was out of the morph map, before doing anything else.
I'm not editing the morph maps, not even touching them, and it happens again. I again, unselect the morph map (in the vertex map panel)

later, I'm using the edit edges tool, and I drop the tool by hitting spacebar. This time I witness Modeller select and activate one of the morph maps. Not the first map in the list, not the last one either.

So, can anybody confirm that Modeller is activating morph maps when dropping tools (perhaps just the edit Edges tool)?

modeller:
Ver 11.6.3 Build 2737 (Mac64) 30-Apr-2014
mac:
Processor 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Axis3d
07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Have not experienced that happening. You using a wacom tablet or a mouse? Maybe something weird with the input device selecting things?

eblu
07-29-2014, 11:44 PM
nope, just tried it.
drop the edit edges tool with the spacebar... morph map becomes active.

also, this is weird.

probiner
07-30-2014, 12:26 AM
happens with all the new tools...
http://screencast.com/t/w2gLyW55WA

Has been reported. Close as:
"Fixed BUT if there are any morph maps in the object the last one will be selected in the UI when the tool is run. This is a deep SDK issue, we're looking at ways of resolving this."

Cheers

jwiede
07-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Has been reported. Close as:
"Fixed BUT if there are any morph maps in the object the last one will be selected in the UI when the tool is run. This is a deep SDK issue, we're looking at ways of resolving this."

Huh? Closed as "Fixed", but still exhibits the cited issue? How is that a "fix"?

(edit) Never mind, even asking seems pointless.

Axis3d
07-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Just tried it with an object with several morph maps. Used the Edit Edges tool, then the spacebar to drop the tool. It did not select any morph maps. I even made some other vertex maps for Weight and Texture and these were not selected either. Maybe its a weird graphics card thing.

Axis3d
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Edit edges worked fine just moving edges around, then dropping the tool, no problem. But when I went to create slices, move them around, then drop the tool, it selected the morph. Confirmed!

eblu
07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
I knew i wasn't crazy, but now I'm vindicated !