PDA

View Full Version : Evel Spirit rocket bike.

shrox
07-11-2014, 08:59 PM
I put together this paint scheme design for Eddie Braun's upcoming Snake River jump. I hope I'll get to attend the launch in person.

The images are just meant to show the color scheme, not a publicity still.

shrox
07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Does anybody remember Evel Knievel?

hazmat777
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM

I remember the Evel Knievel "stunt". There was a ton of anticipation around our house to watch it on TV. Not sure if it was just our signal, but the screen just went static right after he launched and then came back in after he was already in the river. I like your look here, but the blue might be better a little darker (for my taste at least). Great work as usual Shrox!

shrox
07-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I remember the Evel Knievel "stunt". There was a ton of anticipation around our house to watch it on TV. Not sure if it was just our signal, but the screen just went static right after he launched and then came back in after he was already in the river. I like your look here, but the blue might be better a little darker (for my taste at least). Great work as usual Shrox!

On the first jump the parachute deployed at launch, he actually did cross the canyon completely, but the wind blew it back into the canyon.
This was just a quick render for the paint job, but they liked it. It will be neat to see it realized. It's kind of funny how my model rockets lead me to this project. This one is being built by Scott Truax, son of Bob Truax who built the original Skycycle.

The promo stuff will be sharper, but they already posted these on the Facebook site. https://www.facebook.com/bobosharkey/posts/10152517181891897

prometheus
07-12-2014, 04:56 PM

no I never saw star wars:) hint...see lev andropov in armageddon.

shrox
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
This was the toy to have when I was a kid.

hazmat777
07-12-2014, 07:16 PM
This was the toy to have when I was a kid.

I had one of those too! But being the youngest of 6 boys my brothers were always trying to find inventive ways to destroy my favorite toys. Evel met his doom when two of my bothers lit him on fire, revved him up and sent him flying off the roof of our garage. Poor little Evel...

shrox
07-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I had one of those too! But being the youngest of 6 boys my brothers were always trying to find inventive ways to destroy my favorite toys. Evel met his doom when two of my bothers lit him on fire, revved him up and sent him flying off the roof of our garage. Poor little Evel...

That's how I plan on going. I should get the star spangled suit made too.

prometheus
07-13-2014, 05:11 AM
Donīt think evel knievel made it over here to be popular, star trek did..
Boys werenīt supposed to play with dolls, I did:) but it was with these ones I had my fun.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ce3BuT9tbX0/SgjrJGvQbPI/AAAAAAAAAKc/VtsZgXSU3is/s400/Megoclassic.jpg

And I also had some astronaut doll, so space stuff was catching my attention early on.

hunter
07-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I remember watching it live. Like all day. So excited and then...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llzIVDbvSAc

Davewriter
07-28-2014, 07:30 PM
I remember as a kid watching the Caesars Palace live. I still can't think of a better defination of "Ouch!"

Davewriter
07-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Duh! With added face slap... The design looks Kool!
Hell I'd be willing to... what dear? It's to make a jump over... like I was saying, I'd be more than happy to have my picture taken with it.

shrox
07-28-2014, 11:51 PM
We might have met up too late for this project, if they had known of me a few months earlier, I could have been working, but oh well.

hunter
07-29-2014, 08:11 AM
I remember as a kid watching the Caesars Palace live. I still can't think of a better defination of "Ouch!"

One my favorite comedians:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrFnXzGBtG8&list=RDWrFnXzGBtG8#t=125