PDA

View Full Version : Daz Studio 4.6 to Lightwave Morphs

tonyrizo2003
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I've seen a few posts about getting morph targets from Daz models into lightwave. I have not tried it with everything but, I did it with head morphs only.

Starting out in Daz Studio 4.6, when you get to the FBX Export Options;

Output Options and select FBX 2011 - Binary
Edit Morph Export Rules
Add rule
double click namex to rename that to head
click on the word Bake and set it to Export
Then Accept
Then Accept again

Then load into Lightwave, I am using 11.6 then select M for morph.

Special thanks to Mr. Rid who inspired me to look into this! Which really helped me on my project!!

I also created a youtube video here http://youtu.be/lwGyL9PtnBI

*I stand corrected, I just tried it with FBX 2012 - Binary and Daz exported the morphs just fine.

prometheus
07-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Ah...you should have posted this in the daz pipeline thread started by me, unfortunatly..the newtek forums managers havenīt adapted my suggestions on creating sub categories and forums, in which case it would be easy
to find that thread and post eventual pipeline stuff like this, instead it pops up everywhere and hard to find when someone has questions or add tips etc.

Thanks for sharing your tips.

tonyrizo2003
07-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh sorry, thats where I first found out about it, was your thread in the first place. I decided to make a new one because I did not want it to get buried as some topics do. I am sure there are a lot of people out there using this type of workflow. My only question now is how do I edit out the morphs I no longer want/need or that do nothing? besides just the vertex panel. Looking for a way to do it enmass! like text editing ;D

Davewriter
07-10-2014, 08:29 PM
hands clenching chest... that easy? No! There must be 36-82 more steps inbetween!
I know it worked with Studio 3. Only I ony have that still running on a rather old machine.
Have you tested with either Genesis of G2 figures?
It would be seriously kool if someone made the tweak at whichever end, allowing this to simply work.
Thanks for the good news.

tonyrizo2003
07-11-2014, 12:47 PM
sorry for the cross posting, here is a link to the original post with an update of what I have achieved thus far.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125710-PIPELINE-DAZstudiopro4-LIGHTWAVE/page14

The figure that I used was the James G2 figure and that worked well, and it does work, just watch the videos I made.

I need to make a video that shows how I did the hair.