PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tip Move tool

Columbo24
07-10-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm doing Dan Ablans Lightwave v8 Signature Courseware tutorial(2010). I'm on the bone rigging section. I made a model and drew the bones in Layout. Drew the main bone and then the children. I then selected the body and hit control t . Nothing. I used the button and nothing. I selected a bone and control t. Nothing. I included pics on my screen and his. Don't look the same. Do I need to do things different in the newest version of lightwave. Thanks.
Bill

RebelHill
07-10-2014, 03:25 PM
No idea... works here. Maybe its a mac thing...

You will wanna keep your eyes peeled as you move further with rigging things though, a LOT got changed in the V9 cycle which makes many topics covered in training before then wrong (mainly IK) but this tool shouldnt be any different.

Columbo24
07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you know of any newer tutorials for IK that are for beginners? I really like Ablans tuts because he really makes them east to understand

RebelHill
07-10-2014, 04:02 PM
This'll explain the current correct method for getting reliable IK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2VYPnVIW0Y&list=PLTds3QePYrWEWipwKkLmyNT4Tf_JTigM2&index=16

Thats really the big thing that changed from previous versions (and where the techniques of previous versions wont work correctly anymore). Beyond that other changes are just additions which didnt exist back then.