PDA

View Full Version : node based lighting?

TwoCoins
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Ok so this is a weird question. I saw a newtek tutorial using image sequence and nodal displacement to push pins in an animation. Iwant to do the same general idea with lights. I used that method to control The luminosity Of my objects. I sawcan't figure out how to do this with actual lights. Or luxigons? Is this Even possible? Instance the light maybe?

Slartibartfast
07-12-2014, 04:35 AM
I tried to get a light taking on the color of an object's surface. The surface's color was based on raytracing nodes. It failed. Problem seemed to be order of evaluation. The light was using EXPRESSIONS whilst the surfacing was done with NODES. Probably the expression was evaluated before the surface.
I then tried to add texture from the light color envelope: graph editor/add modifier/texture/node editor but hey... there is no raytrace node :-(

A good idea, anybody?

prometheus
07-12-2014, 05:07 AM
Dont think you can replicate the push pins animations with lights instead of geometry, first you can not instance a light, then itīs a completly different item type, not suitable to deform or access with dponīt part move etc.

Maybe fx link the lights to particles, which uses a deformed divided poly vertices as particle spawning, but I am not sure that would work.