PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling computer - LWCad version 3.6 issue

Maxx
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Hello all.

It's been a few years since I've been able to work with LW as much as wish I could thanks to changing work responsibilities - my current version is 10.1. At any rate, I'm just now finishing up a reinstall of my main Windows box and am having some trouble reinstalling LWCad 3.6. I've still got the plug-in download and dependent files, as well as my full serial, hardware ID, and the original registration key. The problem that I'm having is that when I enter all of that into the LWCad options panel, it's not accepting the credentials. Viktor's website doesn't even list 3.6 as he's moved on from there and updated the plug-in quite a bit (while I wish I could upgrade and make this whole situation moot, I'm still not in a position at work to use LW as much as I want - just trying to get back into it...), so my question is this - am I missing something simple in the registration process, should I e-mail Viktor directly, or is it best just to let it go (I'd rather not just go without as I used LWCad extensively back in the day)? Any thoughts/ideas/advice? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting back into the swing of Lightwave!

ernpchan
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Emailing Viktor can't hurt. I've always found him to be helpful.

JohnMarchant
07-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Yeah email Viktor he always helps. 4.5.1 is a fantastic update and from what i have seen and heard of LWCad 5 its going to be awesome.

Maxx
07-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Yeah, Viktor's always been great. I just didn't want to bother him if I didn't have to. Looks like I do - thank you very much!

ernpchan
07-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah, Viktor's always been great. I just didn't want to bother him if I didn't have to. Looks like I do - thank you very much!

I don't think it would be a bother. It's a legitimate customer service issue if you can't get your purchase licensed.

spherical
07-10-2014, 05:20 AM
I remember that there was a confusing nomenclature used in the registration process and that it has been changed in later versions to make it easier to identify what number is what. Foggy now, it's been so long, but IIRC, it was "Hardware ID", or similar, and this number isn't the LW Dongle ID. The number LWCAD wants is generated by the registration system using the dongle ID internally. Viktor put me on the correct path when I got confused.