PDA

View Full Version : chroma and lumafx in dve folder how do you use them

videoconcepts
11-24-2003, 09:11 AM
I see all these luma dve and jpegs but do not see how they work. the same with chroma fx. can anyone tell me how to use these......:confused:

Dan Hong
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
The chroma and luma effects are dves. Pop them into the switcher and control them with the TBar. Record the effected footage to your hard drive. Amaze your friends, confound your enemies.

Rich Deustachio
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
You can place them in the switcher and run your source footage in while recording the output. Use the "T" bar to control the amount of the effect you want to apply.

videoconcepts
11-24-2003, 11:39 AM
can these be used in the editor?

ScorpioProd
11-24-2003, 11:54 AM
No.

videoconcepts
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
in premiere there is a gradiant wipe and you can use any gradiant picture. t3 does not have this?
Can they be animated in aura and then turned in to a wipe?

Paul Lara
11-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by videoconcepts
[BCan they be animated in aura and then turned in to a wipe? [/B]

Yes. You use Aura's VT Wipe Builder

SBowie
11-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
Yes. You use Aura's VT Wipe Builder Tutorial on the process found here:
NewTekPro Aura Pages (http://www.newtekpro.com/AuraInsider/aura/articles/alphawipes/alpha_tut.html)

videoconcepts
11-25-2003, 05:47 AM
its not same as premier. in there i can use a pic with graidiant texture and the effect is automaticly wiping the graidiant from white to black looks animated. you know what i mean?

SBowie
11-25-2003, 06:15 AM
Well, let's see - you originally asked "in premiere there is a gradiant wipe and you can use any gradiant picture. t3 does not have this? Can they be animated in aura and then turned in to a wipe?"

I think most of us take your question to refer to "Spice Rack" style alpha wipes.

We explained how to turn the image into a DVE (or wipe) using Aura. There is no "image based'' wipe function in the VT suite apart from that. However, you can convert an image into a DVE using Aura, as noted. This DVE will work much like the transition you want.

You're correct, it's not (and no-one said) this would be the same as Premiere. If that doesn't answer your question, then no, I don't know what you mean.

videoconcepts
11-26-2003, 06:09 PM
I just renderd a graidiant effect in premier
useing a white matte and a black one. then took the avi into aura and did the make dve thing. seems to work ok.

It seems there always has to be a work around to do things that seem so simple in other programs. Ireally dont want to use another program, after useing this one, i seem to have no choice right now.

and so I live another day anyways.

SBowie
11-26-2003, 07:00 PM
BTW, just as a point of intertest, while Aura does not offer that style of transition without creating a DVE, Mirage does.

videoconcepts
11-27-2003, 06:55 AM
mirage? can you telll me where i can find that or any info on it . Thanks.

Paul Lara
11-27-2003, 06:58 AM
It seems there always has to be a work around to do things that seem so simple...

But once it's created in Aura in this fashion, it's available as a drag-and-drop real-time effect.

eon5
11-27-2003, 08:45 AM
mirage? can you telll me where i can find that or any info on it . Thanks.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12976

Jim_C
11-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Mirage is Aura's big brother so to speak.
Made by same folks, it does everything Aura does plus A Lot more.
No more pre loading of clips (worth purchase alone) Volumetric lighting, integrated particle system, new FX stack and a bunch of new stuff I haven't even touched yet.
Plus an awesome manual and great support.

http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/