PDA

View Full Version : Trails??

creach
03-05-2003, 10:51 AM
We have a nice analog (ABC) suite with a Grass Valley DPM700 DVE that will give us the coolest trails on DVE moves.

Is it possible to "do" trails in VT[2]? How?

Dan

...operators are standing by...

Paul Lara
03-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by creach
Is it possible to "do" trails in VT[2]? ...operators are standing by...

Certainly!
Fire up switcher and load up 5114 Time Stretch.
Place your video on Program bus, and set how long you want the trails based on how far you pull the T-bar.

Faraz
03-05-2003, 02:02 PM
You can also make DVEs in LightWave with trails in them. The compiler i now realeased so you have the ability.

creach
03-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Okay, Paul.

I followed instructions, but not much happened. I put my video in the switcher, loaded the DVE you told me (um, 5114, I think), and transitioned to black. The video appeared to feedback onto itself and decay into black. Unimpressive...but I probably missed something.

Being a *total* Newbie I do not know if there is any other thing I must do or not. If there are more steps I should follow, lemme know, and I'll try it again.

Faraz, doesn't the DVE compiler need LW *full* as opposed to LW Express? I only have Express.

Dan

Faraz
03-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Correct you need full LightWave. But you only need to make yoru Own DVE if you want DVEs, that have trails behind them.

RomainR
03-06-2003, 03:19 PM
You need to have the Main and Preview busses set to the same Inputs.

creach
03-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Ah. So Faraz is telling me there are no DVEs that will create trails...yes?

And Romain, Je suis un Canadian errant!

Dan

Faraz
03-06-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry I didn't understand your question and Paul did. :) You want a DVE that puts trails on your footage. Not a DVE that leaves trails behind it. Well the Toaster can do both.

Use the DVE that Paul told, and make sure that your have preview and main on the same input like Romain says. Don't auto the transistion but rather pull the T-bar down, try half-way to get a feel of the DVE.

Sorry for the confusion that I added :)

creach
03-07-2003, 12:11 AM
No sweat, Faraz. I'm sure I could have worded it clearer. And trust me, a little bit *more* confusion won't throw me off a bit! ;)

Thanks for your input, all.

Dan

vanguard
03-12-2003, 08:37 AM
We have our Pinnacle old-school DVE hooked up to the T2 to give us the trails you are talking about.

Not the video feedback described above.

Because its component too, its very clean and the "sparkling" trails are most happenin.

For a piece of 14 year old analog equipment it sill rocks!

We used to have it hooked to the Flyer (in composite) to do soft shadows...

You could make the DVEs in LW, but then you can't adjust decay, speed (of the trail), direction and the like without a re-render... :(

So, rack out the GVG and go for it.!

creach
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, if we didn't have that ABC suite operational, I'd be right into cannibalizing any effects from it, but...

You DID give me an idea, Jerry.

We have an older version of BorisFX. Um, 3.5, I think, that we used with our old NLE. I wonder if it would work with Toaster2? It has *great* trails, and together with older processor requirements, it should just scream!

So, new question. Will BorisFX 3.5 work with Toaster as the "host" app?

Dan

creach
03-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Will BorisFX work with Toaster2? I really wanna know. :confused:

Dan

ScorpioProd
03-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Depends which NLE software your version of BorisFX is made for.

SR can work with BorisFX. Premiere can work with BorisFX.

The only limitation is you are limited to TWO sources in BorisFX on Toaster systems.

Oh, if you meant TEd, no, there is no BorisFX version for that.

creach
03-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks, Eugene.

Yes. I kinda remember hearing that some third party plugins would work with Toaster, but I guess I was mistaken. Defeinitely *not* a first! ;)

Thanks again!
Dan

Rich Deustachio
03-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Maybe if enough Toaster users email Boris makers they will consider making it compatable with TEd.

view3d
03-15-2003, 04:05 AM
I would like to see the amiga toaster trail on white/ trail on black effects implemented yesterday!
d

view3d
03-15-2003, 04:06 AM
and no the 5114 Time Stretch doesn't even come close
d

Pete Draves
03-15-2003, 09:06 AM
A freind of mine just did some trails in aura, you have to use the instruction book to find out how to actually do it. The trails looked better than any thing boris red can do. I have been using razor to do things with boris but will now start using aura.

The Toaster has all the tools.

Pete

view3d
03-15-2003, 12:53 PM
the amiga trails were real-time... I need real-time for live events
d