PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit V2 - Released!

RebelHill
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Finally... RHiggit V2 is here...

Featuring unparallelled levels of functionality and ease of use, RHiggit 2 offers the most versatile, powerful, and artist friendly rigging toolset available no just for LightWave, but for ANY 3d app. Augmented with additional tools which help to streamline workflow in both custom manual rigging and animation tasks, both of general item, and RHiggit rig specific needs, it offers a complete system which will not simply improve your working practices, but which will transform the way you rig and animate in LightWave unlike any tool you have ever seen before.

See the features roundup video here for a tour of what's on offer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqazvf1FN0

And take a further gander over some of the documentation video guides if you would like to see more detail of the tools in action...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTds3QePYrWGUd7fMuNAivIsORvpnKDqX

Major features include...

Free, Lite, Pro and Studio editions, ensuring something for everyone.
High quality rig presets to serve all different kinds of character shapes and sizes.
Custom, modular auto rig builder to create almost ANY character rig you can dream of.
Artist friendly setup and control customisation allowing you to build highly functional rigs with ease.
Superfast rigs for the fastest levels of scene interaction available with LW.
Animation tools for grabbing fast selections while keying, pose and motion tools that reduce workload, curve and key filters to speed up workflow in graph editing.
Motion capture retargeting tools which work to transfer motion to ANY RHiggit rig.
All native rigs that can be further edited or enhanced by TDs, or shared with other LW users (no plugins required).
Studio Licencing which gives redistributable tools, allowing supporting animation and rig fitting tools to be supplied to offsite animators without them needing to own any plugins.

RHiggit V2 is available... here... and now! (upgrade pricing for owners of previous versions is available).

http://rebelhill.net/html/rhiggit.html

Also, that which cannot go without mention... I offer my GREATEST thanks to those of you who participated in the Beta program for this toolset... Your input has been invaluable, for sure in bug busting, but also in your feedback and suggestions that have helped to shape the user experience of this toolset, and help it to be as accessible and artist oriented as possible. A super special shout-out in this regard to Kryslin, who... apart from my own self, has probably sunk more hours into this than anyone else. Im so very grateful for your time and input... Many, many thanks.

Finally... those of you who have already purchased during the beta phase are probably wondering... "Omg... where's my final version download link??"... Fear not, Im registering everyone's access and sending out the final details as we speak, everyone will be sorted out within the coming hours.

Thanks again.

RH.

djlithium
07-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Neatos!

stephefrank
07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
wow! looks amazing! that dino rig looks cool... you just fit the rig in the dino model and it does the weight maps automatically? and does it generate the walk cycles too?

allabulle
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Yay!

erikals
07-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Superb! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

Dodgy
07-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Congratulations RH!

wesleycorgi
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Wow, impressively overwhelming the amount of features!

Davewriter
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Gasp! It's... so difficult... typing... while my... jaw keeps bouncing on my desktop!
I can hardly wait.

Full congrats to you good sir! And I fully agree to the thanks for all who helped in polishing this gem.

Megalodon2.0
07-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Congrats. It looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Pretty much a necessity if you do any animation with rigging - IMO of course. :thumbsup:

stephefrank
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I just want to say one word to RH "BRAVO!!!" ... This plugin shows what can be done in Lightwave!!!
The only question pops in my mind is Why newtek did'nt take this type of development approach earlier? character animation and rigging tools were always weak in Lightwave, but looking at this plugin it feels that Lightwave is in the same league like Maya and other high end tools atleast in rigging scenario!

chikega
07-01-2014, 09:53 PM
:boogiedowKudos!

AbnRanger
07-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Really nice work on this. Rob needs to take you with him, to Siggraph this year (if they decide to attend)...to help dispel the notion that LW isn't an ideal platform for CA work. You have helped change that.

tonyrizo2003
07-01-2014, 10:26 PM
RH Awesome!!!

This is on my wish list!!

Kryslin
07-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Yay! I got props! :)

Seriously, I was asked to beat on it and break it. And that's what I did Ad Nauseum...
RH would fix something, and I go back and beat on it some more. Again, and again, and again.... :)

Glad to see it make it to Version 1.0. Can't wait to break version 1.1 a few dozen times :) .

VermilionCat
07-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Wish you were in NewTek every time I saw your achievement...

omichon
07-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Looks great once again ! Congrats for the great job and perseverance, RH.
On my list too :)

Lewis
07-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Congrats, looks like amazing tool.

Hail
07-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Whoa.. This puts lw in the league of character studio, maya, xsi etc..
My wish is that NT would buy and make you a part of the dev team.

djwaterman
07-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Wish I had a reason to buy this, if and when I get back into 3d character animation I would no question.

2create
07-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Outstanding toolset! Will be purchasing a licence very soon!

zapper1998
07-02-2014, 07:33 AM
awesome.....
might take the dive,,

:)

after i watch all the videos u made...

some times you speek really fast and i have to rewatch the vids..
but the vids are awesomely done.

RebelHill
07-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks all for the kind words... am very glad you like what you see.

I have now completed getting all links out to both previous beta owners, and new customers (so far)... if you've not received such info... do let me know.

it does the weight maps automatically? and does it generate the walk cycles too?
Nope... no auto weighting, at least not yet... its on the list for future investigation, may happen, may not... But, weighting in LW can be done fairly simply and easily. It is ofc a skill like anything else to be mastered, but most often requires a lot less skill than you'll often find in other packages. Have a peek over the rigging walkthrough here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x83r9J0OI4 which'll give you a better idea of the process.

As for auto walk generation... again, Id thought of maybe tinkering at some future point, but quite honestly... Im not sure if I'll actually bother, primarily because of the mocap retargeting, and animation save/load features. There's LOADS of free mocap available for all kinds of runs/walks and more, that if I were just wanting to just slap out quick cycles with little effort, its definitely the route Id go down to get them.

Wish I had a reason to buy this, if and when I get back into 3d character animation I would no question.

Which is exactly why there's the FREE version... http://www.rebelhill.net/RHiggit/RHiggitFreeV200.zip

Ample tools which serve more general rigging and animation tasks, including, but not exclusively the RHiggit rigs. (I also realised I forgot to add the free link to the main page last eve... Done now [you may have to F5 the page if you visited recently]. Honestly... I had 2 missions in my mind for yesterday, get the final RHiggit release out, and stuff myself with fried chicken till an ambulance would have to be called, and I fear perhaps the divergent objectives may have interfered with one another to some degree).

Also... here's the TRex rig for y'all to have a play with.

Cheers.

stephefrank
07-02-2014, 10:10 AM
As for auto walk generation... again, Id thought of maybe tinkering at some future point, but quite honestly... Im not sure if I'll actually bother, primarily because of the mocap retargeting, and animation save/load features. There's LOADS of free mocap available for all kinds of runs/walks and more, that if I were just wanting to just slap out quick cycles with little effort, its definitely the route Id go down to get them.

Thanks for your reply.
I recently had an oppertunity to use QPAS (Quadruped Path Animation System) script for Maya, extremely easy to use and amazing results. Lets say you have a walk cycle of 25 frames, It lets you select four or more controls on any quadruped rig (neck, spine hip etc.) and then you make a spline path on which you want the animal to walk or run and it automatically drives the character on it (with no foot sliding!) and you can even spped up or slow down the walk/run cycle just by sliding the speed curve up and down in graph editor..

I would love to see this type of implementation in RHiggit. Very useful and huge time saver...

please see this video of the QPAS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfieCA2Zk0

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/quadruped-path-animation-system

Thanks and best wishes.

S.F

Ztreem
07-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Looks awesome! I want to get back to character animation now.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply.
I recently had an oppertunity to use QPAS (Quadruped Path Animation System) script for Maya, extremely easy to use and amazing results. Lets say you have a walk cycle of 25 frames, It lets you select four or more controls on any quadruped rig (neck, spine hip etc.) and then you make a spline path on which you want the animal to walk or run and it automatically drives the character on it (with no foot sliding!) and you can even spped up or slow down the walk/run cycle just by sliding the speed curve up and down in graph editor..

I would love to see this type of implementation in RHiggit. Very useful and huge time saver...

please see this video of the QPAS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfieCA2Zk0

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/quadruped-path-animation-system

Thanks and best wishes.

S.F

I think you could do something similar with cyclist or with a mdd file and some DP nodes.

stephefrank
07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
I think you could do something similar with cyclist or with a mdd file and some DP nodes.

Could you please explain how? using cyclist and mdd and what are those "some DP nodes"?

thanks

Greenlaw
07-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Congratulation RH! The promo video looks amazing! (Downloading the update now.) :)

RebelHill
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
...(Quadruped Path Animation System)...

Ah... now... "re-pathing" motion, now there's a different thing.

This IS something Id considered more for future research, and is certainly something both useful, and ill catered for in LW as it stands. Its not, in truth all that straightforward an idea, as its finding a way to interact with layout nicely that presents the challenge. In maya, you can get a block of items, and act upon their motions "wholesale". In LW, you have to use the motion modifier system, which requires putting/changing/removing plugins onto all the items being controlled, and making sure that's managed correctly. Not unfeasible by any means... but in need of some research to see if it can be done in a way that doesnt wind up being too clunky for the end user.

As pointed out, you can sort of hijak things like cyclist, mdd "stitching" or even IKB to do stuff similar already. But each has drawbacks that are severely limiting, either in terms of setting them up in the first instance, or in making them nicely interactive and "feature rich".

Anywhichway... something I have thought of already, and which I will think more on. We'll see what will happen.

Cheers.

Ryan Roye
07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I recently had an oppertunity to use QPAS (Quadruped Path Animation System) script for Maya, extremely easy to use and amazing results.

Try relative motion loading and combine this with Rhiggit2 or any desired rig setup. Combine this with raycasting for even more magic. Examples below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWHZLcPWBUI&feature=youtu.be

Sample scene with relative motion file: 122710

stephefrank
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Try relative motion loading and combine this with Rhiggit2 or any desired rig setup. Combine this with raycasting for even more magic. Examples below:

Thanks for the info and link! it can work good with straight path I guess but with QPAS animals body actually bends along the path.. like on a tight curve animals body bends in a realistic way.

anyways thanks!

lightscape
07-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Congrats! Would the crowd sim be the next commercial project? It would be perfect and probably more profitable to target lightwave based studios with a much needed lightwave crowd simulator. Can be as simple as this
https://secure.axyz-design.com/anima-crowd-simulation-software-home/whats-anima

HenrikSkoglund
07-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Wonderful! Looks even cooler than I thought it would :)
Will definately upgrade my v1.4 to this.

Since I've been gone from 3d for a while, does anyone know of a good way to accompany this nice plugin with a plugin or a way to make facial animation as easy and flexible as possible?

Thanks

Phil
07-03-2014, 05:50 AM
Wonderful! Looks even cooler than I thought it would :)
Will definately upgrade my v1.4 to this.

Since I've been gone from 3d for a while, does anyone know of a good way to accompany this nice plugin with a plugin or a way to make facial animation as easy and flexible as possible?

Thanks

You'll probably be looking for this, although it appears to be dormant from a development perspective (the web site hasn't been updated in a very long time, for example). http://ta-animation.com/FA/. The forum appears to be dead as well, so it's worth noting that proposed developments of future versions always seemed to be encountering new problems and delays. If you can use what's there (assuming no compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows), though, it has had a good reputation for functionality.

allabulle
07-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Edit: Wrong link.

RebelHill
07-03-2014, 06:04 AM
anyone know of a good way to accompany this nice plugin with a plugin or a way to make facial animation as easy and flexible as possible?

There's not a LOT in LW for this sort of thing...

As mentioned there's TAFA, which is *really* just a joystick interface for mixing morf maps... you still gotta go through the whole morf creation yourself. Since you have RHiggit V1 though, you already got a similar thing with the face setups provided there. Its specially designed to use a combination shape system of morfs, not just any ol set you like, but it gives you the widest range of posing and expressionality, as well as a control system which "maps" well to the face itself, making controller manipulation pretty intuitive.

RebelHill
07-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Just a lil SHOUT OUT notice here... incase a certain someone is about...

Trying to find James Parker of Plano Tx... he (you) bought RHiggit 2, but the email address used is now rejecting emails, so cant send the final release details.

If you're around... lemme know. Cheers.

Megalodon2.0
07-03-2014, 12:48 PM
You'll probably be looking for this, although it appears to be dormant from a development perspective (the web site hasn't been updated in a very long time, for example). http://ta-animation.com/FA/. The forum appears to be dead as well, so it's worth noting that proposed developments of future versions always seemed to be encountering new problems and delays. If you can use what's there (assuming no compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows), though, it has had a good reputation for functionality.

+1

TAFA is a fantastic facial animation program. Mac IS still working on the next version, though "life things" often get in the way. IMO there is no easier facial animation system for LW and it is FAR better than any auto lipsyncing tool available. The drag and drop ease to set your basic targets is great - but as Rebelhill pointed out, you STILL have to make your own morph targets.

HenrikSkoglund
07-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Thanks for your suggestions :)

I need to give them a whirl to even have a clue on what to go for later on. But judging from what I could see in the Rhiggit v1 videos it actually looks pretty neat too. I forgot, since I didn't actually have the time to use the first version much at all.

Anyway, I think I also saw a video with Lino somewhere and he was demonstrating a face setup through Nevronmotion and the Kinect, but that kind of gives me the feeling that it has a loooong setup time, no? I guess it might save a lot of time if setup correctly. But for me, I would like to be able to hand animate some characters.

Greenlaw
07-04-2014, 06:43 AM
...also saw a video with Lino somewhere and he was demonstrating a face setup through Nevronmotion and the Kinect, but that kind of gives me the feeling that it has a loooong setup time, no? I guess it might save a lot of time if setup correctly. But for me, I would like to be able to hand animate some characters.

Nevron Motion - Kinect Face Control (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvWWcW5E1M&index=8&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBz2z2dw_miyl55bPhqfUZ_)

I've dabbled with it. Nevron Motion's face control is fun to play with, and it's quite cool that we can now do this kind of puppetry directly inside of Layout. But realistically, the first gen Kinect technology is fairly limited in what it can drive and you'll probably still want to "hand animate" on top of the results for production quality.

This should improve with the release of the Kinect 2 for Windows and SDK. Looking forward to seeing whatever magic LW3G has in store for it. :)

G.

jeric_synergy
07-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Wow, amazing accomplishment! Congrats!

dfblem
07-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I just received mine, Yay!

Thank you so much!

alperocak
07-05-2014, 12:37 AM
I want to purchase RHiggit V2. It's look amazing.
But can we test with a demo character?
I'm wondering rig performance in scene.
Can you share a rigged character?

djwaterman
07-05-2014, 12:43 AM
I think he attached the TRex character rig on the previous page.

erikals
07-05-2014, 01:31 AM
i take it Rhiggit2 works fine with 3rd Powers Cage Deformer ?

omichon
07-05-2014, 01:34 AM
i take it Rhiggit2 works fine with 3rd Powers Cage Deformer ?

Works fine with Rhiggit v1 so can't see why it wouldn't be the same with v2.

erikals
07-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Works fine with Rhiggit v1 so can't see why it wouldn't be the same with v2.

Great..! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

Bought Btw... ! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/047.gif

ianr
07-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Rhiggit V2 + Cage Deformer- E's U gotta be pumping out some great
C/A stuff soon....Keep us posted!

RebelHill
07-05-2014, 07:54 AM
But can we test with a demo character?
I'm wondering rig performance in scene.

Sure, as mentioned, I posted the Rex back on page 2 http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?142372-RHiggit-V2-Released!&p=1389199&viewfull=1#post1389199 I did mean to put in in the first post... but forgot.

Also, note that performance of the actual rigs themselves is pretty high, attached here are the 2 scenes seen in the promo with 1 and 5 characters in scene with the frame rates jacked high for demonstration. Obviously, these are simpler rigs... more complex rigs create slowdown (but the 5 characters in effect show what youd get if you had say 1 rig with 5X complexity). Also ofc remember that these are performance outcomes for just the rig itself. Once you add geo, you obviously get an extra hit from deformations, and again more complex geometry (more verts) creates larger slowdowns.

Clearly there's nothing I can do to this end, all I can do is optimise the actual rig mechanics themselves, hence the raw rig examples, but what you should find is that since the RHiggit rigs are so well optimised, that whatever geo you have attached, you're gonna be getting the best interaction speeds of which LW is capable.

As for the whole cage/lattice deformer thing... sure... that and ANY other tools. At the end of the day, RHiggit builds all native LW rigs, so there's no interference with other tools you may use.

Cheers.

m.d.
07-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Playing with the RexRig....

I cannot get the copy/past pose to work on that rig...keep getting a "line 261 switches_Rex does not exist"

RebelHill
07-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Ah... You're right... I think i screwed something up fiddling about manually with that fella.

Try this one (which is the original fresh from the body builder).

Cheers.

Elfedelazik
07-08-2014, 08:24 AM
New Lightwave user. I purchased RGiggit V2 + the rigging training four days ago. It reconciles me with mankind ! :

- The plugin is a dream: Smart, powerful, stable, fast, complete, user-lover etc.. I had frustrating experiences with other softwares, this plugin is a revelation. I could easily and quickly achieve what i couldn't spending hours one week ago.

Everything in there seems to have been mastered with as much care, smartness and competence that you can feel it all along your work. Thank you very much !!

- The training is another gold mine. Extremely dense, it looks like everything is there. No hesitations, no approximations. I just regret there is not an option for a second brain in order to assimilate quicker all this material.

ianr
07-08-2014, 10:31 AM
One the nicest recommendations I have read in a Long Time.
Well phrased Elfedelazik.Tres Bien

chikega
07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
:thumbsup:Oui, j'en suis d'accord Elfedelazik!

stephefrank
07-08-2014, 10:19 PM
whats the price of Rhiggit v2 and Training bundle?

chikega
07-08-2014, 11:07 PM
The price varies. If you only need biped and quadruped preset rigs, then it's 20 British Pounds (about $34 USD). If you want total modular rigging and flexibility it's 160 British Pounds (about $234 USD). The training on Rhiggit V2 is free:

Elfedelazik
07-09-2014, 04:52 AM
There is also a Studio version. I wonder what means and are "redistributable tools". There is a "huge " price difference with Pro version and my little finger tells me that it must have something to do with a professional activity. But...I'm not sure and if he is right, the little finger isn't clear enough ! :)
Could anyone tell me more about this matter ?

RebelHill
07-09-2014, 06:10 AM
The bundle of RHiggit plus the RHR training is 195 (30 off the training)... Whereas the training for RHiggit itself is obviously free.

As for the studio version... its aimed at those who have multiple users, probably mostly animators, who need a larger volume of licences, or, who for those studios who might work often with remote or offsite workers on a freelance basis.

Ive done a lil roundup of the differences between editions here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEX0JrfK1yU&index=24&list=PLTds3QePYrWGUd7fMuNAivIsORvpnKDqX

stephefrank
07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I have a question here:
I am thinking of testing the Rhiggit Lite version, it says it comes with biped and quadruped rig. I am new to this whole process of rigging with this plugin. Does it work like just add a biped or quadruped rig preset in modeller and in a new layer and bring it in layout and use the rig? (like Genoma) or is it different?
Is there any video available that shows the Rhiggit Lite workflow? Does the quadruped rig can be modified to fit in to models like Trexx etc.?

Thanks

Kryslin
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Everything with Rhiggit 2 happens in Layout.

0) Start up Layout.
1) Load up your mesh, have it selected (If you don't have a mesh, you can skip this, if you're going to play with the rig)
2) Start up Rhiggit2, select the kind of rig you want, give it a name, and press OK.
3) Wait a few seconds for the rig presets to come up. Select one, press "Create Rig"
4) Your rig should automatically generate, and you will be in fitting mode. Move the markers around to fit the rig to your mesh. Things move symmetrically - if you move the left side markers for something, the right side will mirror the motion automatically.
5) Once you get things adjusted, press the rig/fit button. Rhiggit2 will work for a bit, and the rig will now be active, and the markers will disappear, leaving you with controls.
6) You can now play with the rig, weight the joints, add additional controls not contained in Rhiggit2 (though if you switch back to fit mode, you will have to reconnect everything to its appropriate controllers...)
7) That's it!

RebelHill
07-09-2014, 12:15 PM
You can view the video documentation for the toolset here...

As for refitting things into "odd" meshes... you sort of can, but it's not ideal. You can for instance fit the biped rig to something like the rex, but there's no tail, and there's only one neck joint (as the preset is really designed for humanoid type characters). You could also refit the quadruped rig into it... but the quad doesnt have arms, so youd have structures in the arm locations that are really designed to service the posing needs of legs, which is less than the perfect way to have things.

You can ofc, build your own additional tail onto the rig (in the first instance), or be happy to just use the arms (legs) via the FK controls in the second (also adding your own finger controls), which would be "transparent" to any rig fit operations... but in both cases its a bit of a fudge.

Really the Lite version is intended for folk who just want quick fix, simple rigs for the most common character types (basic bipeds and quadrupeds), or who want some of the more advanced tools (curve filters, auto constraint setups, etc) offered by the rigging and animation toolboxes. If you're wanting more flexibility in the range of character or creature types that can be built, without the limits of "one size to fit all" presets, then really the pro version is what's required.

Davewriter
07-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Dang it! I was hoping that if I got the Pro version it meant that RebelHill would come over and do my animation for me.
And I had my credit card all set to get it... Dang it!

stephefrank
07-10-2014, 02:17 AM
awesome thanks! does this Rhiggit v2 training have weight maps tutorials included too?

mav3rick
07-10-2014, 05:08 AM
very good Rebel. congrats on plugin release and dedication to CA in lw! i am sure this passion will be rewarded by users!

RebelHill
07-10-2014, 08:32 AM
awesome thanks! does this Rhiggit v2 training have weight maps tutorials included too?

Other than the basics that are mentioned in the rigging walkthrough vids, nope. There is no way of weighting that is specific to RHiggit... you just weight using any of the various different approaches available in LW itself, which may vary depending on the needs of the character, mesh, etc.

RebelHill
07-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Just posted a V2.01 update... couple lil fixes. Details in the changelog in the docs.

Cheers.

Kevbarnes
07-13-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm having a problem getting adequate mesh hold for the hip/Pelvis area when animating the
'HipsRoot1' controller.

I have created a 'Human_Standard' Bone/null preset rig, I have added 'spacer' joints to Knee, Hip and shoulder joints which went perfectly
I have also added a BUTT hold bone, by selecting 'Lft_Hip1_Spacer_BONE' and 'MainRoot_BONE'
to create a Muscle:Gluteus pair - this works ok - although the root of the hold bone is not parented to hip
(basically I'm trying to get the same rig structure as the RHiggitProV1- Template system.)

The main problem I am having is trying to get acceptable mesh deformation for the hip/Pelvis when using the 'HipsRoot1' controller. I have tried inserting various 'Hold Pair's based on selections using the 'MainRoot_BONE' but nothing seem to work well - see comparison with the template system image 1 and 2

?a) Is it because there is now no hipRoot-bone. The null-controller operates on the deform-nulls
?b) Should I add an additional Hip Root bone
?c) Should I simply weight map the hip/pelvis area to the new hold bones.

I suppose what I'm looking for is a hint on 'best practice' - I didn't want to break the rig system

RebelHill
07-13-2014, 11:27 AM
A good question... and a good opportunity for a video I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdp_1NGz8yk

Kevbarnes
07-13-2014, 01:02 PM
A good question... and a good opportunity for a video I think...

Oh wow - thanks for taking the time for the video - just the job
I love the two-bone glute that works really well
Many thanks

chikega
07-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Very informative!

RebelHill
07-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Just a mention... been adding more videos to the playlist past couple days (and there are still more to come).

Among the recent additions...

Muscles... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xz9dhe-U78
Thoughts on rig design... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjA8VPWTvvc
IK/FK switching... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bixP_qSCpQA
Animation workflows... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0OBLtD6LjM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXwNjjoGc8

Cheers.

jeric_synergy
07-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Damn!!! Awesome work ethic. :bowdown:

stephefrank
07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
can i use Rhiggit v2 Pro on my home machine and office machine at the same time or do i have to deactivate license on one machine in order to use it on other machine? how does it work?
I am not home all the time so i want to use it on my office PC too in my spare time ;) (dont tell my boss :D lol)

RebelHill
07-15-2014, 05:36 AM
It ties to your dongle/lwk so it can go wherever that goes.

freeflyklown
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
RebelHill, RHiggit loos very nice. I am considering buying it, but I have a question: Do the rigs work well for export into a game engine? Mainly I use Torque3D and Unity.

RebelHill
07-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Certainly...

Commonly, for exporting to game engine, you want to use the "deform rig" based rigs, there are bake tools to bake down your animation when its done, ready for export, after which, either use LWs fbx exporter, or whatever other exporter tool that correctly exchanges any ol' boned mesh animation from LW.

RebelHill
07-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Just popped up a 2.02 update... couple important fixes and notes, check the changelog.

Cheers.

Julez4001
07-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Man...why doesn't Lightwave 3d group put this on their like Modo and C4D do with their third-party plugins?

VonBon
07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Cause he's a REBEL! :cool:

by the way, nice job Mr. Hill

chikega
07-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Man...why doesn't Lightwave 3d group put this on their like Modo and C4D do with their third-party plugins? I was wondering about that myself. It's not listed on their page of 'trusted' 3rd party developers. Very odd. :-/

jeric_synergy
07-21-2014, 11:14 PM
That IS a mystery. Who's doing more for LW-CA than RH?

djwaterman
07-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Rebel's choice I think.

Hail
07-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Cause he's a REBEL!
..on a Hill!:D

Elfedelazik
07-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one wondering why RHiggit isn't there : https://www.lightwave3d.com/third_party/
Maybe Newteck isn't aware. But...I have doubts about this. How did I do ?? :)
As a new Lightwave user, I really find it's a pity and it makes me -perhaps too quickly- doubt about Newteck's will to go ahead.

RebelHill
07-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Nope... its not a mystery nor up to me (well, not completely).

Ive sent NT the stuff to be included... twice, to two different folks, both times either omitted, forgotten, whatever, and Ive simply not bothered to go chasing after NT about it cos... quite frankly... I see no reason why I should bother at this point.

jeric_synergy
07-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Then it's a different type of mystery.

2create
07-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks again for the awesome toolset.

I just wonder if the workflow for motion capture from IpiSoft would still be similar to rhiggit V1? i.e.

Auto-rig character -> Strip all but mesh and FK FBX bones -> export to IpiSoft for retargeting/motion preview -> Load motion to LW onto full Rig -> Bake to IK Controllers / Cleanup etc

maybe the new workflow is:

Auto-rig character -> Capture and export motion skeleton from IpiSoft -> Retarget with Rhiggit V2 -> Bake / Clean up etc

Thanks All!

RebelHill
07-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Yep... the second way is the way.

2create
07-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Yep... the second way is the way.

Thanks RebelHill!

Kevbarnes
07-27-2014, 10:12 AM
RHiggitPro202 (LW_11.6.2)
Minor Problems
Eye bones are targeting Head in 'FIT' mode this causes incorrect mesh deformation
when returning to 'RIG' mode - Fix by selecting 4x Eye Bones and re-rest (r)

Also
Critical error crash when generating rig after using 'clear scene'.
Generating new Human Standard Bones/Deform rig
after Using 'clear scene, new rig starts to generate and then stops at 'Lft_WristIK1-End_RH-Character'
with crash. Clear Scene, again this time crash at 'Lft_finger4_RootItem_RH-Charactor'

Seems perfectly ok when generating from fresh scene start-up

Kryslin
07-27-2014, 10:13 PM
You may want to report this down in the 3rd Party thread we have set up for Rhiggit 2.

As an aside, I can get the first to happen, no problems. The second... I've got no clue.

Kevbarnes
07-28-2014, 12:09 PM
You may want to report this down in the 3rd Party thread we have set up for Rhiggit 2.

ok - here is a link (for others) :-

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?142536-RHiggit-2-discussion-thread

Elfedelazik
08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Newteck went ahead: I can see RebelHill in Lightwave's official third party plugins ! This is great :)

Digital Hermit
08-02-2014, 12:43 AM
RH,

I was wondering is there a humanoid "ape" rig (esp. for the legs) or would I have to adapt some sort of hand rig for the foot?

Sorry, I am on sort of a "Planet of the Apes" kick. :)

Thanks!

RebelHill
08-02-2014, 08:46 AM
I can see RebelHill in Lightwave's official third party plugins !

Yes... someone along the line pointed it out to them, and they asked me to resend stuffs, so I did, and there you go.

I was wondering is there a humanoid "ape" rig (esp. for the legs) or would I have to adapt some sort of hand rig for the foot?

Not specifically... but yes, you'd use whatever part works really. Though structures are named along the lines of their most common use, they are, at their heart, just different functional mechanics, so you can use whatever works best for a given character morphology. It all depends on how much mobility you need in the foot grip... If you're happy with just basic toes grasping, then sue a leg with toes added on. If you're wanting the whole "hand style" of foot... just use an arm instead of a leg.

Cheers.

chikega
08-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Good to see that Rhiggit is officially listed in the third party plugins ... Rhiggit is one of my favorite plugins for LW, the other being LWCAD. :)

SaturnX
08-03-2014, 05:17 AM
I've just spotted this today. It's good to see it released. I'll be purchasing! Well done Rebel Hill, top work. I can't wait to play with it!!