PDA

View Full Version : Modelers Right Bracket "]" = Select Connected stops working!

jboudreau
06-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys

For some reason when I am using modeler for an extended period of time the Right "]" hotkey that selects connected polygons stops working. The reason for this is the "]" key some how changes to "" this weird symbol when typed. I tested it by renaming a suface in modeler and all I got when I pressed the "]" key was 만만만만만만. Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks
Jason

erikals
06-29-2014, 06:54 PM
could be a Windows problem, or an application running in the background

Danner
06-30-2014, 01:32 AM
This happened to me a lot.
The problem was that windows language control is ctl-shift, everytime you hit ctrl-shift your keyboard changes to another language (spanish in my case) and the bracket keys get mapped somewhere else. You have several choices here: turn off keyboard shortcuts for language control, remap them to something else, remap select-coneccted to something that doesn't get remmaped, remove other languages..

erikals
06-30-2014, 05:33 AM
ah...http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

totally forgot that, true, turned that off to prevent problems

jboudreau
07-04-2014, 04:24 AM
This happened to me a lot.
The problem was that windows language control is ctl-shift, everytime you hit ctrl-shift your keyboard changes to another language (spanish in my case) and the bracket keys get mapped somewhere else. You have several choices here: turn off keyboard shortcuts for language control, remap them to something else, remap select-coneccted to something that doesn't get remmaped, remove other languages..

Thanks Guys

This explains why it's been happening on my laptop and not my desktop. I must have the language control enabled on my laptop and disabled on my desktop.

Thanks again, I've been wondering why this was happening but only from time to time. Makes complete sense now

Jason