PDA

View Full Version : IP Camera support (rtsp/rtmp/etc) for older TriCaster

inforum
06-26-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if the 455 will be getting any sort of software update in the future (or ever again) but I would love to see IP camera ingestion into Net1/Net2 directly. I think the newer generation of TriCaster has this option and seems like it would be trivial to add via software update to the older models.

Right now I'm stuck keeping an old MacPro around with a Kona LHi to bring IP camera sources into my productions. I'd love to repurpose that into a dedicated Skype box or something else.

Pretty please and thanks. :)

SBowie
06-26-2014, 03:15 PM
It's our policy not to comment on possible future developments, but we haven't forgotten about the many users with slightly older platforms. Thanks for this suggestion.

kanep
06-26-2014, 10:20 PM
I would just add that there is a software update for the TC455, its the update to the TC460! Most TC455 systems can be upgraded via software, its not free, but it will get you the feature you are asking for (and a TON more). You can contact a NewTek reseller to determine if your system is upgradable and how much it would be.

SBowie
06-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Excellent point.

inforum
07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
I would just add that there is a software update for the TC455, its the update to the TC460! Most TC455 systems can be upgraded via software, its not free, but it will get you the feature you are asking for (and a TON more). You can contact a NewTek reseller to determine if your system is upgradable and how much it would be.
I'm having trouble convincing my boss that direct IP camera support (which is our immediate need) is worth the ~2k for the upgrade. Working on it though :)

kanep
07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Here is page with more information on what is in 460 beyond the IP support you are looking for if that helps convince him. http://newtek.com/products/tricaster-460/new-in-tricaster-460.html

Headline features would be:
- M/E (more powerful than Virtual Inputs)
- Macro system
- Social Media Publishing
- Configurable viewports on multiview dispays
- PTZ Support
- Improved ISOcorder
- Improved DDR functionally and performance