PDA

View Full Version : Lightwaves VPR Crash when switching from modeler

jboudreau
06-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi Guys

Is anyone else having an issue with layout crashing or freezing when you make a change in modeler while the VPR window is running? I know newtek said this bug has been fixed but I'm sorry to say it
definitely hasn't here.

Fixed Case 66998 Replace object while VPR is active and refining causes Layout to crash -it's similar to this bug except it happens when I made any change to the models UV maps, textures in modeler etc. Then when I go back layout freeze solid to the point of ending the process

Thanks,
Jason

MarcusM
06-26-2014, 08:28 AM
I had this problem many times because i bake textures a lot. It happened many times when VPR was turn on and i triangulated object in Modeler and then whitch to Layout. Best solution is turning off VPR before switch to Modeler...
Another problem was problem with textures paths during working in Modeler and Layout.

Every4thPixel
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
It's a very bad idea to have VPR on if you are working in modeler. That's asking for problems.

jboudreau
06-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi Guys

Thank for the tips. Yeah I know it's a bad idea to have VPR running but sometimes you just forget when you are going back and forth from modeler to layout so much. Then BANG!! crash and you loose everything very frustrating.

Marcus I was having the same exact problems with modeler loosing the texture paths too. The fix that worked for me is to right click on modeler.exe and choose compatibility and set the program to run as administrator. Do this for Layout.exe and Hub.exe. Also another thing that worked is something when you load a scene layout says the content is not in same path do you want to set the path depending on if it is or not sometimes you have to say no or yes this also stops the textures from loosing the path in modeler. (I understand your frustration though it was a pain reapplying the textures over and over again everytime you would switch from layout to modeler)

I'm not sure but for some reason when I use Layout and modeler together on the same screen (on top of one another) and switch between the two programs I get that crash if VRP is running. I've also tried to use just F12 and that works a bit better but I still get the crash. Alt Tab gives me a crash everytime. But for some reason I tried having Lightwave on one screen and modeler on another screen and it's been solid even with the VPR window open in layout. No more crashes or freezes. Very Strange. Hope this helps anybody who was having the same problem

Thanks
Jason

OnlineRender
06-26-2014, 10:23 AM
yeah vpr + modeler + hub is not the best of ideas , she is pretty stable but running vpr with anything is a little dodgy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10462692_832243886799958_3898596022151192544_n.jpg

Dodgy
06-27-2014, 07:52 PM
If you have a repeatable bug, send it with the scene to [email protected] and we'll have it fixed!