PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush Fibermesh hair color information!?

akademus
06-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Hey all,

does anyone knows the way to transfer color information from Zbrush Fibermesh to use for fiber shading?

Thanks

lertola2
06-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I don't think so. I had a job last year where I needed to do this and I could not find a way.

Greenlaw
06-24-2014, 07:03 AM
I don't think you can do this directly because UV data doesn't get transferred with the splines from FiberMesh.

What I've been doing is using DraingBGVmap to transfer the UV coordinates from my character mesh to the root of the FiberMesh guides. This allows me to apply a fiber color texture that was originally painted on the mesh to the FiberMesh guides, which in turn can be used as a color source for FiberFX. (DrainBGVmap will also transfer any Weight and Morph maps you have on the character to the Fibermesh guides as well.)

Hope this helps.

G.

Greenlaw
06-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Sorry, forgot to post the link. DrainBGVMap can be found at Dodgy's website: http://www.mikegreen.name/

It's a 32-bit only plug-in, which makes it less efficient for very high number of Fibermesh guides (like for very hairy animals), but otherwise it works great.

G.

lertola2
06-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks Greenlaw. Its nice to know of a route from zbrush poly painting to Lightwave fiber fx. Its a bit tedious since the next time I do this I will have to find a PC and install 32 bit Lightwave but that is a lot better than not being able to do it at all.