PDA

View Full Version : Instance Generator as super quick replacement for Relativity/Dr Follower

raw-m
06-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Gauging thoughts before I put in a feature request:

Problem

Got an object with a lot of layers. These objects follow a “master” null and each object has a slight time offset from the one next to it.

Motion Modifier/Relativity/Dr Follower needs to be added to all these layers - copy/paste x30+. Any changes to formula - paste x30+. A setup that is no help to creativity!

Solution

Instance Generator set to Motion Path. This has me where I want in about 3 or 4 clicks with quick interactive access to Separation/Time Offsets, nodes etc.

But, for this to work properly it currently needs a few more options.

Item list. An option to follow the Motion Path in the order the items appear in the list, i.e. top item has 0 delay....
The ability to move the items up/down the list
Generation tab. If I have 60 items I would like the option to use all 60 items and not have the instancer choose randomly from the list (similar to the Max Polygon option, but Max Items)

The Instance Generator is a thing of beauty, it can get even better!

Every4thPixel
06-23-2014, 06:58 AM
You could use a volumetric instance plugin like DPinstance and use the dpm motion cache files to offset items. Not DPinstancer you need the DPinstance without the R!

raw-m
06-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Would much rather have fun animating than faffing around with cache files!