PDA

View Full Version : Turbulence FD Instancing

wesleycorgi
06-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Is it possible to instance a TFD result? I've created a cloud and now want to use that base simulation to create multiple clouds.

zapper1998
06-20-2014, 08:05 PM
I think it can be cloned..

wesleycorgi
06-20-2014, 11:45 PM
I think it can be cloned..

Yes, I've done that but it becomes tedious if you want to do multiples.

omichon
06-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Yes, I've done that but it becomes tedious if you want to do multiples.
Tedious, for sure. I had to do this for an animation of meteorites trails and I wish I could instance them.
Without any copy/paste function inside TFD, it was really tedious to update settings across all clones.

wesleycorgi
06-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Tedious, for sure. I had to do this for an animation of meteorites trails and I wish I could instance them.
Without any copy/paste function inside TFD, it was really tedious to update settings across all clones.

To confirm, there is no way to instance TFD?

dulo
06-21-2014, 07:15 AM
You can just load the cache onto an empty null and have a second instance ..
But with native LW instancing its not possible ..

prometheus
06-21-2014, 10:30 AM
You can just load the cache onto an empty null and have a second instance ..
But with native LW instancing its not possible ..

Exactly..that works...but no instancing, you might think it should work though, since you can instance geometry as volumetric clones, so why not the already volumetric original? I think volumetrics like instancing fiberfx works, though hypervoxels and turbulenceFd does not
at the current state .

Michael

wesleycorgi
06-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Exactly..that works...but no instancing, you might think it should work though, since you can instance geometry as volumetric clones, so why not the already volumetric original? I think volumetrics like instancing fiberfx works, though hypervoxels and turbulenceFd does not
at the current state .

Michael

Thanks for the confirmation.