PDA

View Full Version : Layout doesn't see the morphs on some objects

meatycheesyboy
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
I just came across a bug that I'd like someone to confirm for me before I put in a report please.

If object layers in Modeler that have an open parenthesis ( or a closed parenthesis ) in their names and have an endomorph then Layout cannot see the morph in the morph mixer.

Steps to confirm reproduce
Make a box in layer 1 of Modeler
Make a box in layer 2 of Modeler
Rename layer 1 to Box
Rename layer 2 to (Box)
Make a new endomorph called BoxMove
With the new morph selected, move the box on layer 1 and layer 2
Save Object

Open Layout
Import Object
Select the first layer and open the object properties
Go to the deform tab and press the Morph Mixer button
The Morph Mixer will open with one endomorph in it called BoxMove
Select the second layer and open the object properties
Go to the deform tab and press the Morph Mixer button
The Morph Mixer will open with no endomorph in it

ernpchan
06-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Just curious, but why are you putting non-alphanumeric characters in the name?

meatycheesyboy
06-19-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm working on a project that requires putting 3d pushpins in a spinning globe and the client sent me a list of locations in a format like 1. United States (Las Vegas), 2. United States (Los Angeles) etc. and I just copied their formatting when I named things. No reason I couldn't use 1. United States - Las Vegas

jeric_synergy
06-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Please fogbugz, but to geterdun go conservative and eliminate all punctuation and even spaces in names.

Snosrap
06-20-2014, 09:29 AM
I just came across a bug that I'd like someone to confirm for me before I put in a report please. Confirmed - please report. :)

jeric_synergy
06-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Hmmmmm, it's a bug fer sure, but is there any USE for this bug? Like, would one ever want to HIDE a endomorph from Layout??

OOOO, OOOOO!!! ::handwaving:: I sometimes make a "NOMERGE" endomorph where I move points that I want to prevent from being Merged in LWM, and this endomorph has no use in Layout. If I named it "(NOMERGE" it wouldn't clutter up Morph Mixer.

!!!!! :D

(If we had online moderated user-sourced documentation, we could post this bug where users could find it, TODAY.) :twak: