PDA

View Full Version : "flipping" a morph?

vector
06-16-2014, 12:17 PM
What I want to know if it exists a free script that "flips" a morph. What I mean, in instance, is if I have the right eye closed as a morph, it would be nice executing a script that creates a new morph where the left eye is closed. There is a walkaround I can copy that vertex map, use a mirrormorph script (Dstorm) and unassing percentage to the points I don't want to be affected in the morph, but it would be great if the lscript I talked before exists.

I know TrueArt has one but I can't spent 300$ for the whole modeling pack.

Vector

johnliebler
06-16-2014, 12:54 PM
When I've done this in the past, I modeled the morphs with symmetry turned on, then used a script called SplitMorphs.lsc. The script would make left and right copies of all of the morphs and even re-name them. But, I can't find that script online right now, and I lost all of my old plug-ins in a virus-based system crash a year ago. Maybe someone here knows where that script was from?

Ma3rk
06-17-2014, 09:58 AM
I managed to find it. It was a free script but the web site seems to no longer be valid.

http://www.kvaalen.com

As such I don't think anyone will mind my passing it along.

vector
06-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh, thanks, Ma3rk.

I know TA Tools to get that splitting but they are commercial. Not expensive though, so I'm considering to buy them, but I'll try this one before.

Vector

Ma3rk
06-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Sorry there are any real docs with it. Haven't used it in a long time either to be of any help. When searching for it, I came across the TA Tools script as well; Split Morph, Morph Split. I only have some of those and not that one but perhaps it works similarly. But for the price, those are worth getting for sure.

M.

johnliebler
06-19-2014, 01:01 PM
I think that's it. Kvaalen, that's a name from the past... :) Thanks for posting it up!

vector
06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
As usual, I find something when I'm not looking for it http://www1.plala.or.jp/Otsuka/