PDA

View Full Version : Star explosion time lapse!

prometheus
06-15-2014, 06:37 PM
The real thing...timelapse of a star exploding and turning to a nebula.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPCuR_nXRU

think itīs about 20 000 lightyears away, meaning it didnīt happen yesterday exactly.
Letīs hope any civilization possible around that area got away.
Makes you wonder how many planets with life was destroyed in that area, maybe nothing.

cresshead
06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
hope that any intelligent life out there got further than flags and footprints on a nearby moon...

vector
06-15-2014, 10:15 PM
I hope our nearby stars have a good state of health :)

spherical
06-16-2014, 01:45 AM
What's interesting about that sequence is that it ends up as a diaphanous, unsymmetrical, unstructured form; when it began as a spherical progression; echoing the "clumpiness" that the present Universe exhibits that has, so far, been difficult to explain. Nevertheless, it is always fun, and on many levels educational, to see events happening in the Universe which for all intents and purposes seems to be relatively static; at least as seen from within our very limited timeframes.

prometheus
06-16-2014, 08:13 AM
What's interesting about that sequence is that it ends up as a diaphanous, unsymmetrical, unstructured form; when it began as a spherical progression; echoing the "clumpiness" that the present Universe exhibits that has, so far, been difficult to explain. Nevertheless, it is always fun, and on many levels educational, to see events happening in the Universe which for all intents and purposes seems to be relatively static; at least as seen from within our very limited timeframes.

Yeah..seem to be the way of all things in universe, in Lightwave it often starts with a point, and expands in to something complex...unless itīs a single two point polychain:) it could start with a box then develope to a character or something:)
Some sort of dynamic expansion principle...it fills and expands wherever it can, and duplicates where it can.

reminds me a little of some of my nebs...https://plus.google.com/photos/100944643113557837045/albums/5978023753291712209