PDA

View Full Version : "Item Comment" that can display values in the UI?: preferably from NODES

jeric_synergy
06-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Is there a version of ITEM COMMENT that can be set up to display changing values?

In my mind this would accept nodal inputs, so you could plug any nodal output into it, and it would display that value on any frame, INSIDE THE UI.

ernpchan
06-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Input spy?

https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/input-spy/

jeric_synergy
06-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I should have been clearer: inside the MAIN INTERFACE. As Item Comment does.

So like Input Spy, but not inside the Node Editor.

ernpchan
06-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Oh not that I know of. We barely have any control over the frame overlay.

jeric_synergy
06-14-2014, 08:08 PM
??? Which frame overlay?

ernpchan
06-14-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm referring to the render frame overlay.

jeric_synergy
06-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Don't get me started.... Have they changed it recently?

:look look look: OK, it looks VERY slightly improved, thank Buddha: Now I'm going to look a gift horse in the mouth:

This is a perfect example of half-assing a feature, and it seems (corrections welcome) that they actual removed a function:

The text field is (still?) limited to 20, that's twenty, characters. I tried inputting "123456789012345678901234567890" and only got the first twenty.
It used to be you could specify the FILENAME of the scene-- that's not jumping out at me now. It would also ask you if you wanted to change the string if you re-saved the file, which was nice.
Now you can specify what type of time count you prefer-- not sure when that got in there.

First off, if it's not still there, the FILENAME option should be reinstated.

Secondly, twenty characters? REALLY?

Thirdly, how about some MORE possible inputs, like, sayyyyyyyyyyy Render Time?

4rth: options: Location: top? Bottom? Extra space outside of render on top/bottom?
etc

At some time they got in there and improved it a LITTLE: while they were in there they could have done so much more.

I used to use OVERLAY all the time, until the limitations drove me mad. :devil: