PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a blast from the past.... vaguely remembered animation... REALLY vague...

jeric_synergy
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Several years ago some user posted a couple/several really stunning animations. They MAY have been examples of what was possible with nodes.

The one that I'm specifically wondering about was a circular, 3d confection with lots of volumetrics, lensflare and assorted frippery, glowing, with many many elements, all offset in time.

It was the kind of animation that would cap off an expensive 30-sec spot.

I realize this is all very vague, but does that ring any bells?

vonpietro
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
have you tried various keywords in youtube? like try lightwave candy commercial ect

50one
06-11-2014, 03:12 AM
Never heard of such animation, quite curious about this.

This is the only thing I managed to find - http://www.sixfootstudios.com/newtek/NewTek/NewTek.swf but I guess it's not what you're after, although I admit, quite funny...

jeric_synergy
06-11-2014, 09:23 AM
BTW, the animation was a confection, not the thing advertised. ;)

I was gobsmacked that it was created in LightWave -- had no idea. Makes me think maybe it was Rich Helvey.

JoePoe
06-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Not an animation, but your "description" :D made me think of this in LW gallery section.

.... circular, 3d confection with lots of volumetrics, lensflare and assorted frippery, glowing, with many many elements, all offset in time.

jeric_synergy
06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Link?

Is that LW? Yes, people, we can whip stuff up like this now, with Spline Instancing. (Although that looks like a bear to render....)

JoePoe
06-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Was that it??!!

It's on the second gallery page (https://www.lightwave3d.com/community/gallery/category/sci-fi/?page=2)(for now).

Called "God Of Instancer" by Rene Falk Thomasius for future reference in case it moves.

jeric_synergy
06-11-2014, 10:43 AM
No, but still gorgeous. I'm pretty sure that the one I'm thinkin' of came out at the dawn of nodes. Pretty much an enticement to learn them: they seemed like a combination of pure rocket surgery and kabbalism all in one package.