PDA

View Full Version : It keeps (not) coming up: Panel invocation keys should toggle AND bringToFront

jeric_synergy
06-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Often times I lose panels behind the welter of OTHER panels that LW utilizes.

For several panels, there's a handy-dandy way of finding them: simply hit their hotkey twice. For lots of panels, mostly old stuff, this toggles them OFF, then reopnes and brings them to the front. --As a workflow, this has the virtues of simplicity and speed.

But newer stuff seems to be forgetting to do that: most recently the FLOCK MASTER PANEL. I've just mapped CTRL+F to invoke it, works well, but once it's open it's prone to getting buried. Then I have to go to the time-wasting chore of closing other panels to find it.

I suggest that ALL PANELS TOGGLE, using the same key (of course). This will add some much needed consistency to the interface. As it stands, some panels toggle, some do not.

lertola2
06-08-2014, 06:32 PM
I totally agree. The fact the the scene editor won't toggle is the thing that annoys me the most about Lightwave.

jeric_synergy
06-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Yep, especially since the OLDE Scene Editor does.

Hey, back me up: send a request to FogBugz.

Ryan Roye
06-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I totally agree. The fact the the scene editor won't toggle is the thing that annoys me the most about Lightwave.

There's a bunch of other panels that I'd like to see toggle on/off. If pressing a button invokes a window, pressing it again should dismiss it. This behavior needs to be implemented across the board.

...in the meantime, AHK or a similar program is required to fill the gap:

#IfWinNotExist Scene Editor ;; If the window does not exist, open it!
xButton2::
Send ^{f1} ;; scene editor hotkey
return

#IfWinExist Scene Editor ;; If the window exists, close it
xButton1::
winclose Scene Editor
return

jeric_synergy
06-09-2014, 09:14 PM
There's a bunch of other panels that I'd like to see toggle on/off. If pressing a button invokes a window, pressing it again should dismiss it. This behavior needs to be implemented across the board.
Fellas, y'all can help me out by submitting that to FogBugz separately, on top of my FogBugz FReq. The more voices, the better.

IMO it's a huge unforced error in the UI. (non-Americans, that's baseball lingo.)