PDA

View Full Version : Layout Modeler Tools: make Subpatch without going thru LWM?

jeric_synergy
06-08-2014, 01:07 PM
You can generate a few primitives in Layout using the Layout Modeler Tools.

Is there a way to generate these primitives in Layout as Subpatch Objects, without Saving and taking a trip through LWM?

Greenlaw
06-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't think you can do that in Layout but that's a great idea.

I mean, why not? It just sounds so obvious now that you brought it up. Fog that as feature request. I'm going to.

G.

raw-m
06-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm not at LW right now but there's definitely a Toggle Subpatch (or similar) button somewhere in that Model tab in Layout.

JoePoe
06-08-2014, 01:54 PM
As Raw says. Unless it was taken out for some reason. (doin' it in 9.6 right now).

JUst above the Create section..... Toggles > G Toggle SubPatch.

jeric_synergy
06-08-2014, 02:10 PM
There it is.... huh. In "my mind", since a LWM mesh can be a mix of polys and subpatches, it would never occur to me that after a mesh was created you could toggle subpatch in Layout. I would have expected it to be in the creation panel, not post facto.

Live and learn. Eventually. :thumbsup: Thanks, Raw-M!

(If GREENLAW forgot about this, I don't feel so bad....)
(I don't think I ever knew about it at all... gonna find out what it does to existing models...)

Greenlaw
06-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Wow, I was never even aware of it's existence. Thanks for the tip!

prometheus
06-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Wow, I was never even aware of it's existence. Thanks for the tip!

who..hoo, Im a pro..Iv known about it for a couple of years:D (jumping and screaming like a monkey secretly) I still need to find the best shortcut for it, it would require either changing shortcut tab in modeler to something else, or change the tab shortcut for hiding windows panels in layout, I do want to have the same shortcut as it is for modeler.