PDA

View Full Version : MAtrix and lightwave

TheWave
11-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Hi just saw that Lightwave was use in part to make Matrix Reload and revalotion. I was wundering if any one would know what it was used for, or is there any cool screen shots out there, or docs about what they used it for. i was lookin but no luck. would be cool see though..

Red_Oddity
11-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Probably some modeling, most companies let their modelers model in whatever they like, or what is best for the job at that time...
Don't count on finding a list on what it is used for, or you should know a person who worked on those Matrix movies...and offcourse in the same FX department...

jat1
11-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Dunno if this is true or a rumour:

Since they scanned in the geometry of smith and neo, they bought the models in lgihtwave because of the unlimited poly count restriction (is this true? cause i dunno!). Then I belived they cleaned up the models.

I beleive most of the animation and the rendering was done by maya and mental ray.

blantyre
11-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Modeler was used to model the 2 trucks that were crunched in Reloaded, not sure about REVOLUTIONS. Read the Matrix issue Cineflex, they talk about it in there. The most interesting thing was their concidering using LW for modelling and rendering of the truck crunch sequence until they recieved the revised storyboard. Rendering was dumped and only modeling was done in LW.

Anyway its all in Cinefex. ESCFX use LW and Maya for modelng by default anyway so there is likely plenty more it was used for but ONLY for modeling.