PDA

View Full Version : Best method for mixing looping key frames, and other keyframes?

objuan
06-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I often like to setup an object with 3 or 4 keyframes so it does a little loop and then in the Graph Editor set Post Behavior to Repeat. Aw yeah.

But then I find myself wanting to add a little vignette to said objects motion at a certain point in time, and then have it continue on looping...

What is the best way to blend between motions like that?

Thanks.

Ryan Roye
06-06-2014, 04:26 PM
The best will depend on what your needs are. Here are some options:

1) Check out this video on an animation layers plugin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lsGvZ5Bc0) you can download, this will allow you to layer motions on top of existing animation non-destructively. Even if this isn't your first choice, I consider it a tool every animator should get their hands on. Its free! Also, in your described scenario, you could make a little motion, then zero-out the "layer" nulls or bones to return the motion to its non-modified state.

2) Reading up on Motion Mixer could be helpful. While I don't consider it an optimal tool for production, it is the only one I know of that can interactively blend motions together in Lightwave.

3) IKBooster can blend motions using a keyframe as a reference. Not interactive like motion mixer, but is far more flexible.

probiner
06-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Could you provide an example and an end?

Cheers