PDA

View Full Version : Exciting SCI-FI challenge : LW3D Space Command challenge

CaptainMarlowe
06-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Have you seen this, guys ?
https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/article/lightwave-space-command-challenge-launches/

Awesome, I just love modeling spaceships.
My only regret is that we are supposed to post our WIPs on Facebook, and I don't want to create a FB account just for this. I will create a WIP thread here on the forums instead, I guess.

Good thing I have almost finished my Titan for allegorithmic's challenge, I will focus on the spaceship almost immediately !

shrox
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a way to get free ships.

ianr
06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Funny Shrox I'd must admit my mind is veering toward your call.

I doesn't mention what pay rate 'top-modellers'

will get, let alone even flat-rate?

Or maybe I missed that part. Funny That?

Anyway Shrox seems like a circular

deja vu 'Bab 5 ' moment to me.

"Come Back, Come Back B5Mojo!
All is Forgiven!"

Should we wait to read about
it in Keyframe Mag?

Hell, what year is this from?

bazsa73
06-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm too old for this. Rather spend the summer outdoors anyways.

MG artist
06-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Do we have to texture the spaceships?

Qexit
06-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Looks like a fun competition for anyone with the time available and an interest in building spaceships. Looking at the info on their site, it would appear that the team behind Space Command are working in a similar way to the Iron Sky production. They are working on the project as and when they can obtain funding, so this is probably going to be a long term production with regular gaps while new funding is raised. This competition is a good way of publicising the project during one of the production lulls. That it is also a good way of getting two spaceship models constructed for the film for a low cost is sort of a bonus which will help move the project along. I imagine these are needed for the next section of the script since they will resume shooting in August :)

This is a bit like the competitions run by the BBC on Blue Peter where they ask children to design monsters for Doctor Who. The most recent of which for the Matt Smith episode 'The Doctor's Wife' asked for designs for a new TARDIS console. Same idea here, just a less well known franchise.

If someone gets offered a job as a modeller as a result of winning, then that is the point at which salaries will be mentioned and discussed. If they were just aiming to recruit new staff to the team, then they could have placed an ad in the Vacancies section :D