PDA

View Full Version : Disable post-F9 dialog box?

objuan
06-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Is there anyway to avoid having to exit the dialog box that comes up after you do a F9 render?

I guess I kind of like the render stats you get, but I always get excited about the next tweak, and forget I have to 'Abort' or 'Continue' (is there a difference, and why would I want either?) before I can proceed with doing anything. I find it irksome.

spherical
06-04-2014, 05:24 PM
IIRC, there's a plugin/script for that: https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/ef-autodismissrenderstatus/

jeric_synergy
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Ernie Wright, IIRC, made a plugin that would autodismiss that dialog, or dismissed it as soon as the mouse was moved.

It might have been tied to his viewer, QV.

Kevbarnes
06-04-2014, 05:50 PM
122177is this what your looking for

objuan
06-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks, you just tripled my productivity!

Just to be clear, you have to add this plugin to each scene right, you cant just set it as a LW universal?

jeric_synergy
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Probably, BUT: if you setup a "default.lws" with this plugin enabled, it'll automagically be there whenever you start Layout.

In my case, that would mean adding "default.lws" to the source copy of my "aaa_EmptyProjectFolder" hierarchy, so it would be in every project. Also, I think a "New Scene" will not load "default.lws" (it might).

spherical
06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
122177is this what your looking for

Yep. That's the one I pointed to.

raw-m
06-05-2014, 01:40 AM
On a similar note, anyone know the difference between hitting either the cancel or enter button after an f9, to close the info box? Is there need for 2 buttons, they both seem to do the same thing?

Skonk
06-05-2014, 02:32 AM
"Abort" (escape) will cancel the current render before it's finished.
"Continue" (enter) will only become available once the render has ended will simply dismiss the panel.

I guess the reason for having 2 is because pressing enter is a natural way to continue where as pressing escape is a more natural way to cancel something before it's finished so just having 1 button would mean either having only 1 shortcut key, which could be confusing and/or lead to accidentally cancelling renders or would need to change shortcut depending on the render being complete or not and again would be confusing.

spherical
06-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Not that I've found; once the render completes. Prior to that, Abort is the only one active, so is there is reason for two buttons. Yes, it could just automatically change from Abort to Continue, but that's just a UI thing. If there were some screen/window real estate savings by combining the two, that would be a reason to go through re-coding it all, but not a big deal, IMO.

raw-m
06-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Knew that was the case during render, but good to know there's no difference after that.

scallahan1
01-13-2018, 10:04 PM
This script doesn't seem to work with 2018. Has anyone updated it yet? Is it easy to do?

Thanks,
Steve

erikals
01-14-2018, 07:43 AM
worries me a bit, as the shortest Youtube tutorial in the world might be redundant now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdpWvh1kB0

scallahan1
01-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Can't believe I just sat through all 20sec of that, again. :)

I looked at the script and how it shows events and such. Would musing over the SDK show where those are captured. I wonder if it is something that's not too difficult to update?

Steve

jbrookes
01-31-2018, 01:54 AM
Nifty!

Anyone know what folder this plugin file should be placed in?

Oop! I figured it out. Ended up placing it in C:\Program files\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3\support\plugins\scri pts\LScript\interface\layout

Now I just have to figure out where to put another plugin (DP_Filter_2015_x64.p)...

Every4thPixel
01-31-2018, 04:51 AM
Talking about the render view... I think it should be removed all together. You can ask yourself why you would want a smaller preview window that has no additional use except for having it display the renders stats/settings. Now in 2018 you can set the preview render window to the camera resolution but you are not allowed to re-scale or scroll in it which means it's useless. It would be a good idea to combine the render view and image viewer in to one window. The mouse region of interest should be an option/toggle in the main render view not only in the vpr. It's easy... just look at vray...

jbrookes
01-31-2018, 09:36 PM
Talking about the render view... I think it should be removed all together. You can ask yourself why you would want a smaller preview window that has no additional use except for having it display the renders stats/settings. Now in 2018 you can set the preview render window to the camera resolution but you are not allowed to re-scale or scroll in it which means it's useless. It would be a good idea to combine the render view and image viewer in to one window. The mouse region of interest should be an option/toggle in the main render view not only in the vpr. It's easy... just look at vray...

I bet if you requested it as a feature, they'd do that. They're pretty good about tracking requests these days. Maybe an email to: [email protected] dot com

jeric_synergy
02-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Agreed: it's pretty much just a fossil feature. Surely those cycles could be used elsewhere.

Kevbarnes
02-28-2018, 03:32 AM
Hi just tried this script again (ef_AutoDismiss) but not working in 2018 (64)
Did this script get updated? Or is there an alternative