PDA

View Full Version : Maddog in the house!

~DD~Apocalypse
11-22-2003, 12:00 PM
ok there is this one and...

~DD~Apocalypse
11-22-2003, 12:00 PM
bump!

ok in this one the textures were all different sizes and i dunno why....

its a mystery...

CMP 2003
11-23-2003, 07:42 AM
shouldnt you make the window on its "face" glass, the textures are a bit odd, you should play around with the textures,,

~DD~Apocalypse
11-23-2003, 08:14 AM
it doesn't have a face... the cockpit ison the top of the big thing that looks like a nose.

=D

How do i make glass *dogdes another tomato*

veljko
11-23-2003, 09:28 AM
hi,

i see you are new in these lw waters-

The modelling is OK, but the texturing is screeming for something else then a planar projection image,
so, go to www.flay.com, go to links/tutorials, and tipe in "UV MAP"
pick any tutorial, they are all good for a beggining,

You will see how it will dramaticly improve your texturing abilities,

as for the glass:

go to surface editor, put transparency to 90%, glossines to 60%, specularty to 80%, and reflection to 10%, put refraction index to 1.6, luminostiy 0 and diffuse 0%
this should give you a good start-

hope this helps!:)

~DD~Apocalypse
11-23-2003, 10:02 AM
thx man, im gunna click on that link as soon as i post this message =)

[edit] oh great now im more confused... im new to modeling in total, i dont even know what UV mapping is!
[EDIT2]

WTF!
that didn't help at all being i dont know most of those words... thats why the manual screwed me up more....
can someone explain it?

veljko
11-24-2003, 02:08 AM
OK
Lets go from the start-

In modeler you make UV maps

To learn how to do that you will need to load up a few tutorials to figure it out-

There are a number of good tutorials and books on texturing (INSIDE LW, lightwave applied, are two books i would recomend)
Check them out-

But for a test if you really know the basics of texturing go and see if you can texture a box so that on each side you have one leter of the alphabet- lets say A,B,C,D,E,F- And letter "A" should be written only once, but "B" should be written twice on its side, "C" three times (like this "C C C") and so on-
There are three ways that i can think of doing this, you should come up with two-
When you menage this you will know that you know the basics of texturing-

Im posting an example of what im talking about,

As for the glass settings i gave you in my earlyer post,
you will find reflectivity, glossines, transparency, and all that in the "surface editor"-
Its in modeler as well as layout..
you can find it on the left tool bar

~DD~Apocalypse
11-24-2003, 01:57 PM
eerrrrrrr................

ok.... i hav eno idea how to do that either.....

SamuraiSlayer
11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
what veljko said sounds good about glass, but here are my suggestions:

transparency: 100% (glass is completely transparent)

diffuse: 0%

specularity: 50% -- glossiness: 20%

reflection: 40% (the only way you can see glass is by the reflection and specularity, if it's 100% transparent)

veljko
11-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Yes, i agree-
But sometimes i put transp. just below a 100 to acheave beter visual apearance- looks nicer:)

@~DD~Apocalypse:
If you cant do the box thing you should really work on it, becouse thats the best way to learn-
Cant run until you learn to walk..:)
You can trie, but all you will do is break your nose and then go back to learning how to walk...

so, kick that boxes ***!:)

miso popovic
11-25-2003, 04:11 AM
perhaps you should consider buying a book on Lightwave, i would recomend any by Dan Ablan or maybe Lightwave Applied by Joe Tracy, Dave Jerrard, Jen Hachigian..there are so many more great books..It is realy essencial to own at least one, imho.