PDA

View Full Version : New Luc Besson movie-Lucy

prometheus
05-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Well ..he is at it again, another gorgeus femme fatale in trouble for a starter... then doing some revenge stuff.
Looks like a mix of Nikita and the Fifth element...not sure what to think here, I have loved many Luc Besson movies from big blue, nikita,leon, the Fifth element et, but I think it starts to get to much of old stuff showing up in
some slight different form.
Cant tell from the trailers either..but It doesnīt look that impressive anymore, and also getīs to cliche and stereotyped nowadays.

Morgan freeman going in to sience as usual and Scarlett Johansson kicking a....ss, as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zogp645sQ68

jeric_synergy
05-30-2014, 08:48 AM
That's why I liked his steam punk one.... although, hmmm, some of the same elements. Very tongue in cheek though. Based on a comic book about a Victorian era lady journalist.

dickbill
05-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Most of Hollywood action movies are virtual worlds of stereotypes and political correctness, unfortunately Luc Besson has chosen this way too.

Greenlaw
05-30-2014, 08:53 AM
I don't always like everything from Luc Besson, but I'll watch anything from Luc Besson. And I hardly ever watch movies anymore.

G.

Greenlaw
05-30-2014, 09:01 AM
That's why I liked his steam punk one.... although, hmmm, some of the same elements. Very tongue in cheek though. Based on a comic book about a Victorian era lady journalist.

Yes, like many of his movies, "Les Aventures Extraordinaires d'Adele Blanc-Sec" was cool, pretty, and very silly--just the way I like 'em. :)

G.

jeric_synergy
05-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Right: I like my escapism to be an ESCAPE.

Some worthy movies ("The Killing Fields", "Hotel Rwanda") -- damn, I get enough of that in the news.

Thank you, Pixar.

Davewriter
05-30-2014, 08:09 PM
+1
I enjoy his "look" Not all of his are winners, but am I ever so glad I saw Fifth Element on the big screen at least once.