PDA

View Full Version : LWCAd's Rail Clone

Tony3d
05-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Hi, I'm kinda new to LwCad. I have 4.5.1, and noticed that Rail Clone only works with splines created within Lwcad's own spline system. Is there any way to convert a standard Lightwave curve to an LWCad curve? What is the difference anyway? nothing I've tried seems to work? Also is there any equivalent to Rail Extrude?

Simon-S
05-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Use the 'lw curve to polyline' command under the Cad4 Primitives tab. If you press 'n' for numeric you can use the slider to set how many points/polylines you want. The higher the number the closer it will be to you original curve.

Then under Cad4 Edit tab you can hit 'join' to make the polylines into one curve. Its probably easier to just use the lwcad curve tools initially though.

As for rail extrude, you can use 'profiler' under the Cad4 ArchViz tab. It uses shapes from you 2d library so you either have to make your own or use one of the presets. Click the shape you want then left click and drag to extrude.

Hope this helps.

Tony3d
05-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Use the 'lw curve to polyline' command under the Cad4 Primitives tab. If you press 'n' for numeric you can use the slider to set how many points/polylines you want. The higher the number the closer it will be to you original curve.

Then under Cad4 Edit tab you can hit 'join' to make the polylines into one curve. Its probably easier to just use the lwcad curve tools initially though.

As for rail extrude, you can use 'profiler' under the Cad4 ArchViz tab. It uses shapes from you 2d library so you either have to make your own or use one of the presets. Click the shape you want then left click and drag to extrude.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try.