PDA

View Full Version : Change Forum Color!!

SamuraiSlayer
11-22-2003, 10:35 AM
This multiple-shades-of-gray thing is kinda... i dunno... depressing after a while, i've seen other websites with vbulletin forums and they have it like... blue or something, i think we need a color change here

stone
11-22-2003, 04:31 PM
i dont mind the current colours, they are easy on the eye and functional.

worst thing about the forum and page imho, is the drop down menus at the top. since i use a browser with tabs-capabilities they are in the way whenever i move my mouse around up there ;)

/stone

Bytehawk
11-22-2003, 06:20 PM
hmm indeed the drop down menus are not that well coded

I'm using a wacom stylus for all my work and this is the only site I have come across I can't navigate with it. IE 6

whenever I try to click on an item it dissapears right before I get to click it.

strange huh?

I coded some drop down menu's for a few of my sites and never had this problem.

(using CSS styles and a PVII plugin on MM DWMX was the last time - 1 week ago)

Kvaalen
11-22-2003, 06:23 PM
I think the colors are fine, at least they are not too dark.

I prefer that NewTek spend the money and time on... well you know... what we are all waiting for. :)

riki
11-22-2003, 06:55 PM
I don't mind the colour, though I'm not too keen on the layout. It looks a bit too heavy and corporate.

I use NS7 which has tabbed browsing as well. I have all the forum index pages grouped under the one bookmark. The thing I notice is, that CG Talk index pages always load first before Newtek. The Newtek forums are always slow to load. I'm not sure if it's the server or the size of the pages?? Other ppl have mentioned this before in the past.

toby
11-23-2003, 12:39 AM
vbulletin just sucks in general. Colors here are good though, not intrusive - obnoxious or blinding. Icons could be much more attractive tho.

The drop-downs are annoying to me too, in Safari. they drop-down and stay there, I don't even use them, just move the mouse past them and they appear and won't go away -

animotion
11-23-2003, 11:07 PM
All kidding aside, why does it matter what this forum looks like? is it hindering your workflow?:confused:

toby
11-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Some of us care about the way things look, that's why we're here in the first place, and that includes our environment - you want your home to look nice, don't you? Do you think a Chef would care about working at a McDonalds? Of course you do.

There's nothing wrong with discussing it here, so why do you care if we discuss it?

hrgiger
11-23-2003, 11:52 PM
It appears so far that it's a resounding No to changing colors.

I didn't like VBulletin at first when we switched over to it but I've gotten used to it. The only thing I miss about the old style of forum is the ease of loading multiple images into a single post.

I would say that as far as the loading time difference between here and CGTalk, it might be slower ( I don't notice much difference) but at least Newtek forums support decent sized image posting where CGTalk does not.

Matt
11-24-2003, 01:45 AM
colours - don't mind, some boards have style options, maybe that would be a way to go?

www style - header is a bit 'heavy', takes up a lot of space too

what would help is an update to the code though, I've been on other vbulletin boards with better code when posting - example: on this board you can't hilight some text and make it bold, italic etc. on some other boards I've seen this functionality.

other than that I'm not fussed!

Red_Oddity
11-24-2003, 03:09 AM
really?

or maybe like this?

i could over do this but i won't

*edit*
besides, the forum color and layout is the least of worries...

oooh..pretty...R A I N B O W C O L O R S