PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Rigid Bodies not colliding with displaced geometry

rustyippolito
05-25-2014, 12:59 AM
I am trying to get bullet rigid bodies to collide with displaced geometry. I have tried Morph targets, MDD files (nodal and thru displacement plugin), as well as procedural and even just scaling the object with keyframes. Bullet Rigid Bodies never see the displaced or deformed or scaled geometry as a surface to collide with and instead collide with the un-displaced or morphed geometry. Does anybody have a way to accomplish this. My next step is going to max with Physx. Pleas help. THANKS!

ps-yes my Subdivision order is set to "Last"

Amurrell
05-25-2014, 01:18 AM
I haven't really had any luck with subdivided objects and Bullet with any simulation. I always have to freeze the geometry first. I'm not sure if this is because Bullet is unable to see the subdivided objects and only the base polygons or not. I would suggest freezing the geometry after displacement and trying again. Let me know how it goes.

pinkmouse
05-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Yup, you need to freeze or save transformed the displaced object.

Thomas Leitner
05-25-2014, 06:07 AM
I am trying to get bullet rigid bodies to collide with displaced geometry. I have tried Morph targets, MDD files (nodal and thru displacement plugin), as well as procedural and even just scaling the object with keyframes. Bullet Rigid Bodies never see the displaced or deformed or scaled geometry as a surface to collide with and instead collide with the un-displaced or morphed geometry. Does anybody have a way to accomplish this. My next step is going to max with Physx. Pleas help. THANKS!

ps-yes my Subdivision order is set to "Last"

Hi,
to use a deformed object for collision in bullet you have to set the Type to "Deforming". Also "Shape Retention" must be set to 100%, "Shape Lock" to Translation & Rotation, "Linear" and "Angular Stiffness" to 0 and "Volume Conservation" to 0. That should work.

ciao
Thomas