PDA

View Full Version : Toggling Faces/SubPatches in any modes

Styler
05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Newtek guys,
Could you finally make it work in any components mode. It's so annoying: to see model un/subpatched users have to switch back to poly mode. I guess it's required to change some conceptions, but at the same time - do you really have cases, when in one mesh you might have subpatched and non-subpatched faces?

Snosrap
05-23-2014, 09:45 PM
How is it suppose know what you want subpatched or not? I've changed my Tab key to the G-Toggle Subpatch which subpatches all polys and not just the selected ones. At the bottom of my interface I have a button for the old Toggle Faces routine which only works on selected polys.

Styler
05-24-2014, 04:36 AM
2 Snosrap:
Oh (, I didn't know about it! Thank you so much! =)

meatycheesyboy
05-24-2014, 07:34 PM
To Snosrap's point, I'd like them to implement a simple system that allows you mark polygons as being "un-sub-patchable" then it wouldn't matter what mode you're in or what you have selected or don't have selected.

Snosrap
05-24-2014, 08:46 PM
To Snosrap's point, I'd like them to implement a simple system that allows you mark polygons as being "un-sub-patchable" then it wouldn't matter what mode you're in or what you have selected or don't have selected. That's a great idea.

Sensei
05-29-2014, 09:06 PM
That's doable as 3rd party tool, as long as you will forget about part name.
One tool for setting selected polys part name to such that can be later checked.
Other tool replacing tab key checking for part name, and ignoring it, and switching to sub-d only these without above part name.