PDA

View Full Version : dynamite sample files

sadkkf
05-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Does anyone still have the sample files that came with Dynamite Pro 1.2?

I dusted this off and am playing with a bit, but can't find the sample files that came with it.

Thanks!

ernpchan
05-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Does that plugin even still work? Its was pretty unstable in the state it was left in.

sadkkf
05-20-2014, 02:31 PM
I was curious, so I installed it and yeah, it's been fine.

I honestly haven't had much time to play, but it's been stable so far with 11.6 64-bit.

ernpchan
05-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Found some archived links to the original site on the wayback archive. The links to the sample files don't work though, but the link to the demo of the plugin still works.

sadkkf
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
I saw those, too. Even some warez sites I won't touch with a 10-meter firewall. :)

ernpchan
05-20-2014, 02:42 PM
It's a shame that plugin became vaporware. It was pretty impressive.

sadkkf
05-20-2014, 02:44 PM
I agree. I've always been tempted to contact Can Tarcan to see if he'd sell me the source so I could continue it, but I'd probably run out of time.

Tranimatronic
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I MIGHT have them somewhere. I will take a look. Being example files I guess they'd be ok to share ?
I was under the impression the plugin just didnt work in newer lightwaves.
I'd be willing to pitch in if you can get hold of the source.

Tranimatronic
05-20-2014, 04:28 PM
EDIT:
www.cantarcan.com now points to :
http://www.canslab.com/alice/
...so you MAY be able to contact him.
From a google search it appears the guy abandoned the plugin years ago leaving a bunch of unhappy people.
My licence is tied to my old dongle (which was stolen years ago) - I guess there is little chance of getting this working.
Please post your findings though ;)

erikals
05-20-2014, 05:26 PM
can't recall who made these, but hope it's alright to post them...
couldn't find the sample files, though were there ever any sample files... ?

jwiede
05-20-2014, 07:53 PM
EDIT:
www.cantarcan.com now points to :
http://www.canslab.com/alice/
...so you MAY be able to contact him.
From a google search it appears the guy abandoned the plugin years ago leaving a bunch of unhappy people.
My licence is tied to my old dongle (which was stolen years ago) - I guess there is little chance of getting this working.
Please post your findings though ;)
I'm just happy that this means Can's likely still alive! ;D

m.d.
05-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I agree. I've always been tempted to contact Can Tarcan to see if he'd sell me the source so I could continue it, but I'd probably run out of time.

Good idea, but you'd be running against Turbulence4d now which kicks dynamite's arse.....

Nice to have options though.

prometheus
05-21-2014, 02:15 AM
Good idea, but you'd be running against Turbulence4d now which kicks dynamite's arse.....

Nice to have options though.

yeah..for fluids that is, dynamite has a voxel engine for particles though...not available in turbulenceFD, so for some old style explosion stuff..the dynamite engine was nice, the problem with it as I could see...the rendertimes were
much slower for dynamite voxels engine compared to hypervoxels, this was true on particles, and furthere more I experienced lot of crashes with it when you used particles with child emitters as trails and also use the metaball blending mode.
It also had these render artifacts where it showed very sharp cutoffs in the hypertexture when using the fireshader, also you couldnīt use lightwave procedurals really...it become so slow and impossible to work with.

I loved the fireshader apart from the artifact and I loved the metablending mode, which I hope they someday can implement in hypervoxels, you could also use several nulls as a group and you also had this open gl representation
wich we donīt have in hypervoxels.

Another cool thing was the crt datamodel volumetric tool, never got around to check that out thou, was so hard to find samples etc...it was something similar to some volumedic stuff

I think newtek and jay roth mentioned they tried to contact cantarcan ..but never got any replies, he just went waporware it seems.

sadkkf
05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the conversation and the sample files.

I'm under the impression the sample files are okay to share since they come free with the paid plugin and the plugin is required to make them work.

TFD seems really nice, but I'm more than a little gun-shy about purchasing it. The last major plugins I bought were natureFx and Dynamite and LWCAD. I was surprised Dynamite still worked with 11.6. NatureFx doesn't.

It may be worth a shot asking about the source code. There are no guarantees I can even contact Can or if he'd sell the code. I can worry about my time after these two hurdles are passed. :)

ernpchan
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
TFD seems really nice, but I'm more than a little gun-shy about purchasing it. The last major plugins I bought were natureFx and Dynamite and LWCAD. I was surprised Dynamite still worked with 11.6. NatureFx doesn't.

I'd be shocked if TFD goes the way of Dynamite down the road.

3djock
05-21-2014, 12:40 PM
TFD seems really nice, but I'm more than a little gun-shy about purchasing it.
TFD supports cinema 4d also so I doubt it will be gone anytime soon.

sadkkf
05-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Yes, Dynamite 1.2 pro still works with 11.6 :)

prometheus
05-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Itīs great having such sweet tools like turbulence developed by third party genius, itīs been a while since the lw update, but I guess jascha is really busy..heīs got modo versions on itīs way too ..so a lot of work I guess.
On the other hand, once a single third party guy..makes other decisions in his/her life to do something else..like cantarcan did, or something actually happens to them, like an accident or something..itīs all down the drain, where such a tool developed inside the official team might be safer and where someone else could step in and take over the code if something happens to the person in charge of that particular area.

Michael

sadkkf
05-21-2014, 12:49 PM
TFD supports cinema 4d also so I doubt it will be gone anytime soon.

And that's good news.

prometheus
05-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes, Dynamite 1.2 pro still works with 11.6 :)

I wouldnīt play with the fluids in dynamite ..even if it would be free, turbulence fluids is so much better..even If I only use the demo versions only for testing, the particle engine is a different matter though.

sadkkf
05-21-2014, 01:01 PM
I wouldnīt play with the fluids in dynamite ..even if it would be free, turbulence fluids is so much better..even If I only use the demo versions only for testing, the particle engine is a different matter though.

I can't afford TFD right now and already own Dynamite. So far it's behaving nicely.

Mr_Q
05-21-2014, 01:19 PM
There is always a need for voxels versus fluid voxels. Even to this day the Max guys are still using Afterburner even though it hasn't been updated in about as long as Hypervoxels. (AB still looks much better too)

I hope Newtek will address this soon and give us a modern voxel based engine along with a fluid one.

sadkkf
05-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd be shocked if TFD goes the way of Dynamite down the road.

It does seem promising, supporting all the different apps and all, but I'm holding off nonetheless.

Perhaps if I can get in on another group purchase and the price is low enough I might buy in.

There's just so much software to buy and so little money. :)

spherical
05-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the conversation and the sample files.

Where'd you find them? I have the Lite version. Although I have TFD, the former might come in handy for specific tasks.

seghier
08-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Old topic :)
But i don't open new one ; i used webarchive and found that can tarcan labs had other website to sell software called alice
And in this website their mailing adress in turkey.
I don't think that can tarcan is the developer ; maybe he is the owner of a company which develop softwares because between dynamite and alice ( software for typing ) a big difference
If Newtek interrested or someone live in turkey they will try to contact "Can tarcan labs" to know what happened or the name of the developer