PDA

View Full Version : Slice Tool broken?

RomanS
05-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Hi! Donīt know if its Mac specific or even workstation dependent.

My "slice" tool in modeler doesnīt work anymore. While using it all viewports turn black.
Donīt know when it worked lest time since it did very few modeling in the last couple of months.

Does somebody other have the same problem?

System: 2011 MacPro, ATI Radeon HD 4870, OSX 10.7.5

Thanks!

VIDandCGI
05-20-2014, 05:56 AM
I had the exact same problem a day or two ago on one of my backup stations, I found fiddling with the display options seemed to get rid of it.
I can't say which ones exactly as i wasn't worried with it not being my main station it may have been toggling the openGL to refresh.

RomanS
05-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the answer! I tried all possible display option settings but it didnīt solve the problem. All other versions here are working fine. Whether on Mac OSX 10.7X, 10.9X or Win7, LW 11.6.1, 11.6.2 or 11.6.3. We have a lot of different configurations here and of course mine seams to be the only with this viewport issue…. great..

VIDandCGI
05-21-2014, 05:18 AM
OK went back and was fiddling around with this machine again as the problem appeared to be back and Im guessing its to do with the config being corrupt or referencing incorrectly in some way as originally this machine was running LW 11.6.2?, on Mac OS X 10.9.2 . Like your own experience it was working originally and just appeared to happen after some time.
I installed 11.6.3 without removing or modifying the other version and tried the slice in this new install it appears to be 100% ok.
I rechecked the 11.6.2 install and still has the slice bug.

A pain I know but as a last resort install a new version and shift across your plugins etc. appears to have worked here.

RomanS
05-21-2014, 06:02 AM
Ok, after installing LW new the slice tool works again! Thatīs always the last exit :-)
Thanks for your testing!