PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to TC40-V2 but can't find?

Podcast Bob
05-19-2014, 12:07 PM
The Animation Store Creator?

Everything else appears to be there and I have sample animations, but there's no stand alone program link in Windows and only the VSE Demo in Add Ons at start up.

What am I missing here? I understood the Creator was included in the TC V2 upgrade.

Any help appreciated.

I completed registration etc if that has anything to do with it.

SBowie
05-19-2014, 12:19 PM
First, you're right, you should have ASC. That said, I'm told there is a installer quirk that can, in some cases, result in it disappearing from upgrades. You should contact CS, who will be able to walk you through the process of avoiding this problem.

Podcast Bob
05-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Cs ?

- - - Updated - - -

Customer support? :)

SBowie
05-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes: http://www.newtek.com/contact-us.html

Podcast Bob
05-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Well it has been a very frustrating day at least trying to get to the bottom of this and I can't believe the answer was so simple that the dealers and (in my case) the UK customer service department haven't been told about it.

Therefore to save anyone else going through the multiple re-installs I've been advised to do all day long and getting nowhere, the answer is this simple.

When you install the upgrade you'll be asked to check languages (if you want them) and the Demo 2 version of VSE and the Premier Plug in (should you want them). Of course I did neither each time as they weren't relevant to my needs.

However by ticking the VSE Demo 2 the installer also installs the ASC. Of course this isn't mentioned anywhere, either on the 'how to' pdf or on the download page. A simple line of text, so simple to update by Newtek I feel somewhat peeved that 24 hours has been wasted trying to resolve this.

So should anyone else have the same issue, which may appear on other 'upgrades', there you have it.