PDA

View Full Version : logo animation

jeromeOlivier
11-22-2003, 01:42 AM
Hello,

I have to make a logo animation that requires the letters to spill out of a cup, bounce on a table and come to rest so that they spell out the corp name. Does anyone have any idea how I could accomplish this?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks! :)

CMP 2003
11-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Do you have lightwave?

IF yes, take some tutes Such as this one. (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/interactive/Layout_001/layout_001.htm) and you can get a basic feel for the program and layout,

If no, No one can help you

Others are availible at newteks site

jeromeOlivier
11-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Um.... thanks. :rolleyes:

knuckles644
11-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Model the cup, model the letters, and animate them. What is your question:confused: You really didn't ask anything specific, so it is assumed you do not know anything about what you're trying to accomplish.

jeromeOlivier
11-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't realise I was being unclear. :(

The animation is simple enough, yes indeed, but what I'm trying to achieve is a scene that either uses a hardbody dynamic system or emulates one.

I've since hand animated everything for an acceptable result - it's just I was wondering whether HardFX or Impact 3 were able to go from a chaotic state to one of order.

Let me explain. Impact 3 and other HB systems are great for smashing things up, but the end result is always chaotic. Is it possible to smash something up where all the pieces bounce off of each other in a seemingly random (or physically accurate) manner, but end up in a prearranged rest position? A little odd, I know, but I think the result would look cool.

Again, sorry for not making myself clear the first time. My mistake.

PS
I've also since been in contact with Larry Schultz who believes this type of animation will be possible with LW8, as one can "manually grab pieces and change their animation" during a dynamic simulation. Oooh! :cool:

CMP 2003
11-22-2003, 08:49 PM
after modeling all the parts, in the animator, put all your letters in the cup and keyframe them at 0. Then, to do it a [email protected]$$ way, just click frame 100 or whatever and set the rotation of your pieces H P and B, then tweak your result