PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Rigs Importing to Layout/Create Rig

cbreton49
05-15-2014, 05:24 PM

Why do I have so many of the same bones when I bring in my object to Layout and hit create bones? What am I doing wrong?
Please help!! I've been watching all the Genoma videos I can find and I cannot see where I am making my mistakes.
Thanks Carol

ernpchan
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Looks like you have more than one Genoma rig in your model.

cbreton49
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Looks like you have more than one Genoma rig in your model.

yes, how that happened is beyond me, but thanks - is there a way to name all those bones once i finally did it right?
thanks carol

ernpchan
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM
is there a way to name all those bones once i finally did it right?

There's a renamer script in this thread for that very thing.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133631-Genoma-Updates-and-related-plugins

BeeVee
05-16-2014, 01:48 AM
But also, the point of Genoma is that you shouldn't need to directly access the bones, just use the controllers.

B

cbreton49
05-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Thank you very much empchan and also BeeVee, I am just learning about Genoma's so this is all helpful information. I will look for the controlers and play with them today as well as check out the plugin!!
I am self teaching so all and any information is greatly appreciated!!
Again, Thanks so much
Carol

BeeVee
05-16-2014, 04:44 PM
The controllers can be moved away from the bone parts of Genoma and scaled to suit as well to make them easier to access. The controllers are the big green boxes on the end of green arrows (click on the point of the arrow to move them) and they have a further line sticking out of them that controls their size and orientation. The Drag tool (Ctrl-t) is your special friend with Genoma, it means you don't have to select points and then move them, deselect, select different points, move them and so on. Oh also, this is a really good time to use Symmetry (Shift-y).

HTH,

B

cbreton49
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
The controllers can be moved away from the bone parts of Genoma and scaled to suit as well to make them easier to access. The controllers are the big green boxes on the end of green arrows (click on the point of the arrow to move them) and they have a further line sticking out of them that controls their size and orientation. The Drag tool (Ctrl-t) is your special friend with Genoma, it means you don't have to select points and then move them, deselect, select different points, move them and so on. Oh also, this is a really good time to use Symmetry (Shift-y).

HTH,

B

Thanks BeeVee,
I have been playing with it all day and am finding it difficult to move my figure, rotating arms, legs, etc. Maybe it just takes practice but your tips are helpful. I keep going between bones/skelegons and genoma - although I would prefer to be able to use the genoma, I haven't mastered it yet, and finding the controllers had been difficult, they seem so small and non existant. I will push ahead and continue on Monday going over the video tutorials and using your tips as helpful tools. I'm thinking I need to better understand which rig (genoma) I should be using for a man figure (pilot) as there are a few different for the human and then some with IK and understanding if I should be shutting off IK and zeroing the subpatch to zero - I think I'm getting somewhat confused trying to jam all this in my brain at once, but I will get it. One step at a time...
Thanks again, if I get hung up I will post!!
Carol

BeeVee
05-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Good luck, we're here for you... :)

B

ernpchan
05-16-2014, 05:11 PM
The controllers are a box shape with a little handle off of it in Modeler. If you grab the handle and drag it, it should make the box bigger which in turn will make your controller bigger in Layout. You can also select the point inside of the box so you can move where the box is. If you're finding some of those boxes are in odd places, just place them in a different spot in Modeler.

cbreton49
05-19-2014, 03:49 PM
The controllers are a box shape with a little handle off of it in Modeler. If you grab the handle and drag it, it should make the box bigger which in turn will make your controller bigger in Layout. You can also select the point inside of the box so you can move where the box is. If you're finding some of those boxes are in odd places, just place them in a different spot in Modeler.

With your help and the help of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndtm1OTZczc I now understand the Genoma!!
Thanks for your patience and explanations..
Carol