PDA

View Full Version : Inscriber Titlemotion 4.3 / VT3 ?

Daren
11-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know of a way to use Inscriber Titlemotion4.3 with the VT 3?
I am not sure if Titlemotion 4.3 CG will even work with the VT 3 but if it is possible I would sure like to find a way to make it work.

It sure seems like a powerful CG program, that came with my Adobe DV Pro - software and I would love to be able to use it on VTEDIT.

I am not sure what file format it uses.

Thanks

Daren

Daren
11-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Do you know anyone who uses Titlemotion as their CG?
I am curious how to use it with the Toaster.

Maybe sending it to Aura first and then doing something with it?
If anyone has experience in how to do this I would love to here how you do it.

I guess I am to much of a rookie when it comes to Graphics and Titles and adding motion to the graphics.

Thanks
Daren

johnq
11-23-2003, 10:29 AM
According to the Inscriber web site, TitleMotion is a plugin and must be used with one of the supported NLEs they list. So unless, for example, you have Premiere 6.5, this is not a viable option. You would need one of their stand alone CG/titlers.

John

Daren
11-23-2003, 01:00 PM
When Installing the Software it ask you if you want to use it as a plug in for Premiere. or would you like to install and use as a stand alone application.

I would use it with Premiere but I can't install Premiere on the same machine as the VT3 it will not load the audio drivers.

So I installed Inscriber as a stand alone version and it works great except I can not fiqure out how to get it to work with VT3.

On the traing tapes I bought with the Inscrber they act as if it can be used with any NLE as long as you install inscriber as stand alone.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Daren

JonCrowe
11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Daren,

Here is your answer. I use Titlemotion for all my graphics and you're on the right track. First install "stand-alone" as you have done. When you create a still graphic that you want to use make sure you go to File, export image, and then choose TGA. You also need to make sure the compression is set to 32, otherwise you won't get the alpha. Go into VT and use the graphic like you would any other. The other thing to remember is if you create an animation in Titlemotion, you need to save the animation as a sequence of TGA's. Then use Aura to put the sequence into an rtv. I do this all the time. In addition to the hundreds of lower thirds that come with Titlemotion, if you register at Inscriber's website you can download more for free. Try these steps, and let me know if it works.

Daren
11-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Thanks Jon,

I knew their had to be a way to do it.
Thanks so much

Do you know how to add fonts to the inscriber font directory by any chance.

Or for that matter I can not figure out how to add fonts to the Toaster directory either.

DC

JonCrowe
11-26-2003, 07:46 AM
Both of these are easy. Both Inscriber and the VT cg get their fonts from the operating system. So all you have to do is add fonts to windows, and you'll have more fonts in the cg.

And in case you're wondering here is the path C:\WINNT\Fonts