PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 3D Group is gearing up for SIGGRAPH 2014

geo_n
05-13-2014, 09:59 PM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/article/be-a-part-of-the-lightwave-3d-siggraph-2014-live-stream/

So will lightwave 12 be previewed?

Nicolas Jordan
05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
I never expected them to make the trip but it's awesome if they have decided to go to this Siggraph! I expect there will probably be at least a preview of new tech. I don't see their booth on the show floor map yet but maybe they will be updating it soon.

http://s2014.siggraph.org/sites/default/files/SIGGRAPH%202014%20Floor%20Plan.pdf

ernpchan
05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Maybe they'll be streaming from their office via the Tricaster?

mummyman
05-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Hope they show something new! I'm all for them pushing their new stuff (chronosculpt n nevronmotion) but new details, the better! Especially with all the autodesk stuff going down.

hrgiger
05-14-2014, 10:36 PM
This doesn't actually say they are going to be at Siggraph, just says they are going to be presenting a stream. They don't necessarily have to be at Siggraph to do that. It just says they're going to be streaming tutorials, demo reels, interviews of artists using LightWave... doesn't mention streaming of any events or announcements at Siggraph itself. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

And I also wouldn't be expecting anything about LightWave 12. There is still LightWave 11.7 which I expect is probably the only thing you will hear about around that time.

geo_n
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Is there official info about lw 11.7?

Add this to the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avKFuJc2nzQ

Nicolas Jordan
05-15-2014, 11:05 AM
This doesn't actually say they are going to be at Siggraph, just says they are going to be presenting a stream. They don't necessarily have to be at Siggraph to do that. It just says they're going to be streaming tutorials, demo reels, interviews of artists using LightWave... doesn't mention streaming of any events or announcements at Siggraph itself. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

And I also wouldn't be expecting anything about LightWave 12. There is still LightWave 11.7 which I expect is probably the only thing you will hear about around that time.

Ya your probably right. Last time Siggraph was in Vancouver the booth was on show floor plan but Newtek didn't set up a booth at all. I don't think I will be going anyway so a stream and maybe some kind of event it just fine with me.

hrgiger
05-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Better that they don't invest the time and money at Siggraph this year and keep working on LW 11.7 and LW12 for next year. No official news about LW11.7 at this time.

prometheus
05-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Better that they don't invest the time and money at Siggraph this year and keep working on LW 11.7 and LW12 for next year. No official news about LW11.7 at this time.

Yes..that makes sense to me at least...mabye not to them:)

Waves of light
05-16-2014, 04:41 AM

Got to agree with you Steve. It will make for a very interesting Siggraph next year though!

lardbros
05-16-2014, 06:01 AM
I think they had snippets on the Nvidia booth last time they were somewhere other than LA.

Will be good to not get too distracted by Newtek stuff really... work to do, and people to see! :D I always end up gawping at the Newtek stand for hours.

cresshead
05-16-2014, 08:50 AM
i think they have their heads down developing lighwave 12 so 2015 is the next siggraph for newtek really.