PDA

View Full Version : is new hobbit the last ?

rednova
05-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Is the new hobbit, the desolation of Smaug, the last one of the new hobbit,
or is it just the second sequel ?
Thank you !!!

cresshead
05-04-2014, 07:02 PM
ep 2 of 3 so 1 more to go!

Davewriter
05-04-2014, 08:13 PM
But I think Del Toro found a cocktail napkin Tolkin used to jot down some notes on.
Warner's would find a way to squeeze three more films out of that.

BeeVee
05-05-2014, 02:51 AM
They could make 19 films out of the Silmarillion, but it would probably be as difficult to get through as the book... :)

B

zardoz
05-05-2014, 03:48 AM
indeed. but Ben, strangely I really liked Silmarillion... I don't know why, because you really have to read it without trying to memorize any names, but I really enjoyed it.

bazsa73
05-05-2014, 04:27 AM
There will be no Silmarillions movie. The Tolkien Estate was deeply dissatisfied with the adaptation of LOTR and there is still some
legal issue going on between the studio and the estate.

BeeVee
05-05-2014, 06:45 AM
I didn't know that! I would be surprised if they were more pleased with the adaptation of The Hobbit. Luis, I guess I tried to read it too young. I devoured the Hobbit when I was ten, read Lord of the Rings not long thereafter (several times. My speed record is six days :D), but tried and tried with Silmarillion through my teenage years and I guess I was in too much of a hurry. :)

B

m.d.
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
they would not even allow some scenes from the silmarillion in the hobit.....if they hadnt already agreed to the hobbit as a movie it probably would not have gotten made as well....

the book was great, probably the best of the bunch, but would be extremely had to make into a movie....

bazsa73
05-07-2014, 12:34 AM
I started with Lotr about 10 I think and since there was a map attached to the book I started searching for it on our small paper globe at home
but father told me it is a non-existent place. I was so disappointed.