PDA

View Full Version : Is there a pixelize filter in LightWave?

Oedo 808
05-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to pixelize the output and have it appear in VPR as it would when using a pixelize filter in PhotoLine/Photoshop/Gimp etc..?

I know I can make a preview and reduce the pixel count but I'd like to see the effect in VPR. I can technically do this just by zooming out, but I'd like to have it scaled up a bit when tinkering, without increasing the pixel density.

Cheers.

erikals
05-04-2014, 02:40 PM
hi, check >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?140010-Rendering-pixelart-with-LW

\ :]

Oedo 808
05-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Have you tried this, is there away for it to work in VPR?

Because, for the moment at least, I'm not limited to an actual resolution, just the style, there is some play in what density I can go for and I'd like to be able to adjust that in VPR while still being able to play with how the spec hit and colour pans out through it.

Even if not, thanks for the link though, it could still be useful. :)

erikals
05-04-2014, 03:59 PM
no sorry, haven't tried it... but i don't think it will work in VPR,
it might, just might, work in the old Viper

it's be nice to have image filters work in VPR, some of us are longing for that...

Oedo 808
05-04-2014, 04:36 PM
no sorry, haven't tried it... but i don't think it will work in VPR,
it might, just might, work in the old Viper

it's be nice to have image filters work in VPR, some of us are longing for that...

Indeed it doesn't seem to work in VPR, for the moment I think post pixelizing is my best option. I had tried Viper but it didn't seem to work with that.

I guess a lot of image filters are just too slow to make it worth hooking them up to VPR, I wonder if there is another way of achieving this with nodes.

Medi8or
05-05-2014, 01:39 PM
You can do some pixelizing with surface nodes on a plane in front of the camera. That works in VPR too...

(Of course some extra nodes are needed for those who rotate the camera, but as a quick test...)

XswampyX
05-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Nice node....

I thought were the f''k did you get that!

You could parent the plane to the camera and place it just in front, then it would always be there.

Medi8or
05-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I did, but as it now, the camera faces the XY-plane, and that pixelate node is a simple one for XY... ;)
If you rotate camera, you need to calculate with Z as well. (..or you get funny results..)

Edit:

Transform node on each side of pixelate node seems to work. One world to object, and one object to world...

Oedo 808
05-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks very much Medi8or :thumbsup:

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in the nodes, but I'll have a play around, it's fun :)

I wish I had a better understanding of nodes I always want more, more, more. Guess I should have paid more attention in maths lesson.

Thanks again.

robertoortiz
05-06-2014, 08:30 AM
This worked like a charm!
Thanks!
-R