PDA

View Full Version : DP Particle paint: Broken?

Ryan Roye
05-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Something I'd like to try out involves the DP particle paint procedural texture, but I'm getting very inconsistent results. Some renders will only process the first 10 frames involving particle paint... others will process it correctly despite the fact no parameters including camera settings have changed. This weirdness is also present in LW version 9.6.

Some notes i've taken:

- Particle paint requires "parent motion" on the emitter to be set to 100% to operate.

- Color mode set to HV-Surface

- No difference between a saved PFX file and having it calculate normally

- Single frame renders typically work as expected, but f-10 renders never work. The single-frame render *only* operates after i've click-dragged directly on the dopetrack.

Are there requirements to getting this procedural texture to work? My tests were all on a simple subdivided plane with a single emitter firing particles at it.

dpont
05-03-2014, 12:59 PM
..Broken for sure, and fixed.

Denis.

Ryan Roye
05-03-2014, 01:22 PM
..Broken for sure, and fixed.

Denis.

Okay... this is awesome.

1) Donation time

2) Time to give this little feature a proper demo.

Thank you!!!

NOTE to users: when updating installed plugins, all you have to do is replace the file; no need to remove and re-install in most cases.

prometheus
05-03-2014, 04:17 PM
yeah..denis is awesome in jumping in and update or fix some issues with his plugins...thanks denis.
I was about to start fiddle with particle paint myself so it helps with the plugins being ok.

Michael